Kiss Mi RA$$ is Monday Already?

Bwoy, where has the weekend gone? Imagine, first it was Friday, now it is Monday! And can you believe that I've only seen my house for about 8 hours this weekend? Man, Friday night I had a nice little lime (hang out) with some guys from my the old Computer Science department. A few of them had graduated with their Masters degrees, so we had a nice little evening at Applebees. Got there late because I didn't get done with work until about 6:45pm to raatid! As soon as I reach I am presented with a huge drink in something that can only be described as a fishbowl. The drink was Listerene blue and had about 4 straws, each with a cherry on it. On top of that, there was everything on the glass from strawberry to pineapple, not to mention the 5 swords! That was my punishment for being late, rasta! Hell, if they going do that all the time, what motivation will there be for me to arrive on time ever again? ;). Anyhow, Pebbles was out at another bar living it up with her classmates, so she didn't get home till late...not to fret, I was 10 minutes behind her, having spent an entire 5 hours liming with the boys.

Now, the next thing I know, Saturday morning is up on us and I find myself in an automobile travelling toward Pittsburgh, PA going to a mall. Man, it was cold as arse and then it even started to snow!! You done know that this Jamaican Dog don't do snow already, so I man did vex! Well, vex or not, Pebbles and I shopped for about 7 hours or more, at the end of which I found myself with 4 pairs of pants and $56 less in my account. People, I need to definately go on a serious diet and exercise regimen! 6 years ago I was crying because my size 32 waist was too big, now I'm a size 44....a 1 foot gain in my waist! And the worst thing is that if I was just a little bit more than a 44 I would be screwed big time, since most of the stores didn't have anything above 44! Well, I guess it's time to dose up on the Vit. S. and burn that gut away!

Well, I stumble into Sunday and find myself doing laundry because my friends were graduating today and I had not one stitch of clothing (except for the brand new pants that I had bought the day before) to wear. Finish laundry just in time to go to the ceremony and see my friends walk, somehow I wish I had walked as well, since my fellow CS graduates seemed to be having a blast at the ceremony still! Anyhow, it's a Monday morning and I have things to do. It's finals week, so I have to finish grading final exams and submit my grades to the powers that be, then its off to vacation in beautiful, sunny JAMAICA! Dr. D. Princess P. Yammie Scratchie (yikes, unnu names rhyme!), beware, for the dog has a new leash on life and anything and everything is guaranteed to happen when the dog is in town!

For the rest of you, please don't be shy and be sure to pay the toll (i.e. drop a comment in the box), because one of the most fulfilling things of a wannabe writer's life is knowing that his/her words don't fall on deaf ears. Remember friends, my blog isn't just for me, it's for y'all to come and enjoy as well! So, keep reading, keep writing, but above all else, just have a great time!!!

{arf,arf}

Comments

Melody said…
Yard time approachin faster than yu expected, noh true? But Doggy, yard have a extra perk wha' yu never even rememba bout: De sun-hot an' de beach dem probably burn as much fat as that famous vitamin that yu mention inna yu Blog.
Abeni said…
AD

You can't even think bout exercise til after the season.So I helping you with the New Year Resolution thingee.
Jdid said…
man I'm envious of you getting to spend christmas in the sunshine. bottle some and send back fa muh nuh
have fun with finals week.
Anonymous said…
Sounds like a very fulfilling weekend to me (insert guess here) Greg??

You don't like snow?? I love it!!! Its definitely my favorite time of year here in this climate. The summers are way too hot and humid. Now, when I lived in Vancouver it was definitely a different story.

So when is the big departure date anyway??

Maggie
Tooomz said…
Glad you had a great time ;)
Anonymous said…
My Dawg, dah blue drink deh sound like it did laced wid suppem still...what de hell dem call dat? I would be happy to chill wid a VX. I agree with you tho, Friday nite boyz limes always rock. Plan to get in at least one when you reach. My St. G.C. high school crew have tentatively decided to meet on the 23rd.....(Christmas Eve is Friday the 24th...doubt that would go down well with the ladies/wives!)

44 waist??? And I was concerned about my 34?

Nuff sunshine deh yah, nice cool weather....I'm sure you'll find it more welcoming than where you rest now. Link up this week to get some digits and ting to arrange pickup for street move when de man reach. Zeen. Dr. D.
Scratchie said…
Glad you enjoyed the relaxing time. Looking forward to putting a face to the dog still. Wifey on the same lines as you. She has o submit all grades by Friday so it's late nights and nuff cussing di fool fool pickney dem who can't tell verb from noun (something that I think is a side effect of our GSAT exam. It teaches our kids to swat rather than understand what they are doing).
Anonymous said…
Big up to the Dog still. I passed thru, you done know. Bwoy, I man feeling you re the diet thing. Me actually went for a 5.2 km walk yestiday still. I want to make it regular and work back in the push ups and ab-dees too... have fun at yard despite the weight thing though.

Mad Bull
Stu said…
Have a great time in Jamaica! I will be trying to get down there next year to visit my dad and brother.
Yamfoot said…
44 waist? And I thought mine was larger than yours.

whoooo hooooo.....I know somebody whose waist is larger than mine. What joy! (smile)