The Blogger Social Movement

Howdy folks, hope you are all having a great Monday morning! Next Friday Thanksgiving holidays begin, so I'll be off for ten whole days! [underlined for emphasis to annoy certain people in the blogsphere....you know who y'all are!]. Anyhow, recent posts from Scratchie and Dr. D. regarding the state of the Jamaica Labor Party (JLP) has made me seriously consider the option of forming my own political party to fill the void that the internal struggling inside the JLP is causing--after all, we cannot have a unipartite political system (and I sure won't be casting any votes for the Natural Law Party who believe that Transcendental Meditation is the solution for all off Jamaica's ills). Which is why I've decided to toss my hat into the ring and form my own political party: The Blogger Social Movement.

Now, each blogger will have his/her own ministry to handle, and the assignments I've come up with are as follows:


















































Name Title Rationale
Owen Minister of Transportation Has in-depth knowledge of the Jamaican bus system
Scratchie Minister of Finance The profession that he's in lends itself to this field
Dr. D. Minister of Health He's a doctor!
Yamfoot Minister of Tourism and Sports She's a famous cricket writer and island hopper
Mad Bull Minister of Technology He knows computers!
Seven Minister of Security Good surveillance skills [read her last blog!]
Ciya Minister of Information Well, she's really good at writing stuff!
Sunshine Jamaican Ambassador to Florida Well, she sorta lives in FL, but she's still sensitive to the Jamaican thing
Angry Dog Leader of the Party I have no idea, based on the fact that I came up with this idea.


Well, there you have it, the Blogger Social Movement! What do you guys think?

{arf,arf}

Comments

Anonymous said…
From Seven:

You know, you're nuts!!! :D This was truly funny - but I gotta tell you - I bet like anything we'd do a tremendously better job than Dumb (who's now in office) and Dumber (who's working hard on staying out of office!) Obviously, as organizer of it all - you would be PM - the PM chooses the cabinet!!! All hail, oh mighty leader :D You have my vote!!!
Anonymous said…
I can work with you AD. Just make sure I get my 20% Duty Concession to buy a luxury vehicle (or three) and in the event that any shyte gwaan in the ministry I will be pardoned. In other words, I'm allowed to have my scandal! (After all, doesn't every successful Minister of Government here!?) Just gimme a week or so to draft my Mission Statement! ;-)) Dr. D.
Scratchie said…
Yeaaaaah I get to tief people money and disobey every law that I force people to uphold. Not to mention the perks...wow. I'll have to do something about the useless fiscal and economic policies though.
AD one thing is for sure we will certainly do a better job than the idiots that are there now. Why am I so confident, well, we can't do any worse. They are at rock bottom.
Anonymous said…
Are you living in Jamaica?? Maggie
Anonymous said…
Minister of Information - I like that title. And you know, you will have all sorts of info on all sorts of interesting things...like who back stabbing who and who sleeping wid who wife/husband/baby fadda/
Lawd...mi tink di title a gawn to mi head!!!!!
Ciya
Desiree said…
Interesting political party that you came up with Angry Dog! It can't be any worse than the real parties... could, in fact, be far far better as there is a diverse array of people listed in your party with possible a whole lot more sense!
Anonymous said…
man I don't know about this politics thing - people like to complain too - caan satisfy them at all but at least the pay is good right? right?
Anonymous said…
Great Idea! Big up to Angry Dog fi dis! Minister of technology... I'm sure I'll get to play with lots of gadgets, and I can empower the people. I'll simply decree that every company give every employee an X-Box on their desks at work!

Thus spake Mad Bull.