Rumble, Young Man, Rumble

Another Friday has descended upon us and I'm once more looking at the prospect of the weekend. This weekend will be much more fun however, because I'm gonna be meeting up with my darling Pebbles and we'll be spending one solid week + two weekends together. God bless Spring Break! I'm still contemplating whether or not I should leave today because there is a winter storm watch in effect. I imagine what I'll do is wait until this afternoon and see how the weather here turns out (simply because I know that if it's bad here, it's going to be even worse at the mid-way point of my journey due to extremely high elevation). Anyhow, that issue will work itself out sooner or later.

Now you're probably wondering why my post is entitled Rumble, Young Man, Rumble and why I have a picture of Ali, right? I find the man to be an inspiration and for the last few days this sentence has been a sort of mantra for me. It even inspired me to throw down a few lines which, of course, I'll share with you this morning. So, I present to you my latest poem entitled "Rumble, Young Man, Rumble". Have a great weekend all!

Rumble, Young Man, Rumble

When the pressures of life get you down
And Babylon keeps trampling you into the ground

When fear and oppression is all that you see
And the Man just won't let you be

Step back, hold your head up high
And rumble, young man, rumble

When the hunger burns deep down into your soul
And you can't find shelter from the cold

When you try to walk, but keep falling down
And there never seems to be anyone around

Rise up Brotherman, rise up, be strong
And rumble, young man, rumble

When the world rejects you because of your skin,
And you sometimes feel that being Black is a sin

When you're treated like garbage in your own homeland
And not even your friends will lend a helping hand

Just remember that you are descended from African kings
And rumble, young man, rumble




Comments

Campfyah said…
nice poem. Enjoy the weekend with peebles. BTW you are on an early spring break.
Unknown said…
Good one Angry Dog, good one! Di man a poet!

Enjoy yuh weekend.
Abeni said…
enjoy the week off
Mad Bull said…
You know, I just realised as I was reading this... My stomach is rumbling! I must be hungry, Dawg! Nice poem, BTW. Me gone!