Dragging

I didn't get much sleep last night, nor did I have too much of an appetite for breakfast this morning. At 12:48pm, I'm extremely tired and hungry as hell, with two more classes to teach before I can officially go home and mope around. I plan to go to the gym tonight, but on an empty stomach, I'm not sure how that's going to work out.

The gym is always a fun place for me. I love to see the "wanna-be" huge guys walking around with their bony-to-marginally muscled arms flared out as if they actually have lats huge enough to produce that effect...I guess it's a symptom of the "I'm really not as monstrously huge as I think I am" syndrome that has existed since the age of the dinosaurs. I also love to see the muscle-girls who spend hours and hours between the treadmill and the free-weights, and who snarl at you like rabid dogs whenever you even make like you're going to use the equipment they plan to use two or three exercises down the road. I love the overweight loudmouths who pile on hundreds of pounds on the bench press and talk for about 15 minutes between each set about how they used to be "ripped". How can I forget the huge upper-body no lower-body types who can do every single exercise for their upper bodies, but who've never visited a squat rack, let alone know the difference between a calf raise and a lunge. Of course, there's my type too. The "don't talk to anybody unless you have to, I hate being here, train hard until you throw-up" type. It's great being me!

{Nuff Said}

Comments

Tooomz said…
Glad to see you returning to the gym ;) I should go back there sometime :P Miss you!
Scratchie said…
important thing is the workout I guess...don't need anybody to do that with you
Rev Island said…
Enjoy your workout. I'll try to go tomorrow morning.
Campfyah said…
ha ha ha sounds like the typical gym here in Caracas. I quit under the pressure of the over made up women at 8:00 in the morning. every hair in place, and plastic boobs falling out all over the place. Now I just do some serious power walking in the park and it's just perfect for me.