[A_Healthier_Me?]

So I finally got back on the wagon again. Trying to get my lard butt back in the best shape of my life. I was doing fine up until two weeks ago when I had a sudden attack of work-stressitis and some strange bug that felt like a hybrid between a cold, a flu, and an upset stomach. I was impressed with the amazing gains in strength and endurance I'd made in the space of a few weeks. Now I'm struggling just to get myself up out of bed in the morning. Nevertheless, I've been extremely successful at going to bed by 11:00pm, waking up at around 7:00am and doing a little bit of yoga before breakfast. I'm also back to doing weights again and my diet seems to be finally normalizing itself (i.e. my body is getting used to the idea of eating smaller meals throughout the day instead of skipping breakfast and lunch, then gorging myself on a huge dinner). The sad truth is that I, like most of my gym friends from back day, know exactly what to eat, when to eat, how to eat as well as the proper way to train; however, most of us have never seemed to manage to get to that point where we could bring our bodies to the ultimate level of conditioning. I suppose we just didn't care too much about it, or were too busy building other peoples bodies. Don't get me wrong, we weren't fat, out of shape, or anything like that now! It's just that most of us didn't care too much about being in the "single digit bodyfat percentage" group.

Man, last night I almost regretted going home! Remember I told you it was relatively difficult to get in to work yesterday morning because of the snow? Well, lemme tell you that getting home from work last night was definately no picnic either! Nothing is worse than snowfall, icy roads, darkness, and bad drivers. When the snow is falling, you can't use your high beams because they reflect off the snowflakes and make it difficult to see. Plus the roads are ice and treacherous and you have to go really slow and somehow manage to balance between maintaining a constant speed and not slowing down too much on a hill, lest you won't be able to get back enough traction to make it up the hill and the darkness doesn't make it any easier to see where the huge patches of ice are. Of course rear-wheel drive vehicles are a nightmare this time of year. To top it all off you have those idiot drivers who figure that because it says "4-Wheel-Drive" and "Traction Control" in the manual it means that they have an open license to overtake you in terrible road conditions. Aside from having to worry about my own vehicle skidding at these points, I'm also having to think ahead about how to handle the situation if the other car starts to spin when it crosses in front of me. I tell you, these rural Americans are amazing...

{Nuff Said}

Comments

Mad Bull said…
I need to get in some more exercise myself. I will try to remember that. Good luck to you, keep up the good work.
Jdid said…
glad to hear you got home safe still
De Immigrant said…
Snow? Whats that?
Just kidding AD. I know what you mean with the working out. Once you stop it is SO HARD to get started again. You know what they say; 21 days to form a habit.