Shaved Arms, Nice Students, and Peace

"Shaved Arms, Nice Students, and Peace" what a title for my second post for the year 2006! I've been meaning to write something, but I've been a little bit busy trying to take care of pre-work business. You know the usual: checking and adjusting my advisees schedules, building syllabi, making initial lecture preparations, and so on. It's been a long time since I've been so relaxed at work to the extent where I can say T-G-I-F and mean it! Here's hoping that I can stay on top of everything this semester, but if not, you will probably be hearing about it.

Christmas in Jamaica was simply wonderful! Nevermind that my family is geographically distributed and can't/won't make the effort to spend Christmas together, nor that my Dad had to change plans on me at the very last minute for Christmas dinner. My friends, particularly my best friend Diego, stepped up to ensure that I was not without food nor family for that special day! Of course, what's a holiday without some amount of trials and frustration? I picked up a flu bug in my last week and had to be confined to bed for a few days (I still have this damn cough though!) plus a few problems here and there with my visa, but nothing major.

Of course, I saw Dr. D. (Di gyal dem Cherry Tree) a few times, though we didn't have many opportunities to hang out outside of my spot, he still represented. It was also great seeing Princess P as well (though I believe that her and Diego are the reasons for my illness!).

Anyhow, after the vacation, I am at peace with myself and, God willing, this peace should last for quite some time. I reconnected with quite a few old friends, and many of them served to help me to remember the person whom I used to be and whom I once loved. It's been a long time since my confidence was this high and I'm definately falling in love with myself all over again. Thank God for good friends, excellent fatherly advice, and a really cool younger brother!

My students this semester, so far, seem to be wonderful! I'm happy because I don't have as much stress with all my classes running back to back and I have time to focus and prepare things a lot more carefully. As for the shaved arms, I've recently determined that I shouldn't be left unattended for extended periods as I'm likely to do foolish things. Last night I went to the restroom and, as I was there, I noticed that I'd left my electric shaver plugged in. I picked it up and began to play with it, when an idea suddenly popped into my head: "what happens if I run this across my forearm?" Well, it felt really good, so I decided that I should do it again and again. Eventually, I kept doing it until there was no hair on my left arm and I realized how ridiculous (not to mention how skinny) my forearms looked if I didn't shave the other one.

Of course, I wouldn't just let it go at that, no my friends, I decided that I wanted to have silky smooth arms too, not the rough texture that the shaver left me with. And so, I stepped into the shower, razor blade in one hand and shaving cream in the other and proceeded to shave the residual hairs from my forearms. The result, completely smooth forearms. God do I feel metro(sexual) today.

Have a great weekend y'all and be safe!

Comments

Anonymous said…
The Angry Dog has shaved paws!!! I shouldn't have moved and left you unsupervised, with so much time and so little to do... Anyways, I'm glad that the trip back home made you feel so much better. It's good to have good friends these days. Te quiero mucho, cariƱo.
Unknown said…
Good to see you back. Shaving forearm, what next? Legs? LOL!
CoolDestiny said…
Stunner, being the very naughty girl I am, I wasn't thinking legs ... (wink wink). Dr. D, you are so funny ...
Jdid said…
you reaize when the hair start growing back you gine be itchy for days right?
Scratchie said…
I'm afraid to even ventue to ask what CD was thinking :D Careful what yuh do with the razor.....