Weekend Recap + Toledo, OH + Sean Paul

Weekend Recap
So, Friday I picked up myself and decided to go see Pebbles in Delaware...a very good move on my part, because I really missing the girl and I don't do a damn thing in Little Big City anyway (except watch TV, do grades, and listen to the damn neighbor f*ing upstairs). To get to Pebbles, I have to spend quite a bit of time on I-95, going thru Baltimore. Along the way there are several toll booths, which I almost always approach with dread! It's not necessarily the money I have to spend on the toll, it's the fact that my driver's side window needs a new regulator and I haven't the time to fix it these days, so whenever I wind the window down to pay the toll, is either hit or miss as to whether or not the window will wind back up. This day it was a miss to r@$$! In fact, it was such a big miss that I had to take it to the garage on Saturday morning to have the bitches pull my door down and charge me $55 just to tell me that the frigging regulator was bad (which I already knew) and that they didn't have it in stock! Cho r@$$!

Anyhow, aside from the window, the weekened was pretty irie still...except that Delaware is the most boring city in the world, where everything closes at 1:00am and there are no hip-hop/dancehall clubs anywhere! Well, OK, there is a sort of dancehall club inside of a likkle Jamaican restaurant, but the friggin' yardie dem who patronize the venue don't dance fi nutten! Dem jus siddung and drink Heineken and Red Stripe and chart foolishness! Glorified rum bar with good music, that's all it was!

We bounced out of there since it was only me one wid 3 women (2 Spanish girls and an Egyptian) and I never really like how some of the looks we were getting (neither did the girls for that matter), plus there is no way I could justify paying $3.75 for 1 damn Red Strip!

The night ended with us going downtown at 12:20am only to find out that the one club that was "hype" was closing @ 1:00am and they were only playing Madonna to raatid! Not even contemporary Madonna, 80's Madonna! So, we had was to take the other two young ladies alone and, after chatting for a while, bid them farewell and returned to our abode.

Toledo, OH
I was watching a protest in Toledo, OH on Saturday, where some Neo-Nazis were planning to march in a neighbourhood (on the same day as the million man & woman march redux) to protest "gang violence perpetrated by black gangs". Imagine, a gang of racist thugs protesting by having an organized march in a residential area...how weird is that? Anyhow, it was good to see black folks gathered together to protest (and more likely drop two rocks against) this foolish racism that freedom of speech allows to take place in this country. Well, when the skinheads saw so many black folks, they bounced out really fast and I was pretty happy...until... the frigging protestors began to loot and vandalize the houses in the area! Very disturbing to see our young brothers and sisters making fools of themselves on the most watched news channel (CNN) for some foolishness like this. All these actions boil down to is food for the racists and these idiots just fell right into the snare! Unnu need to stop the friggry behaviour and behave better man, cho! Just because we're black don't mean we have to act the fool and just because some ignorant black folks act the fool, it don't mean that all of us are like that!

Sean Paul
I bought Sean Paul's Trinity CD...a good mixture of dance tracks still...though We Burnin' is definately my new soundtrack! It's been on heavy rotation in the CD Changer of late. The one thing I don't understand is why the hell it's so hard to understand what the hell SP is saying? I'm Jamaican, I speak perfect(ish) patois, so why I cyaan understand what the rass the man saying? Anyhow, as I said, the CD does have some hype dance tracks still, but I think the $13 I paid for it was a tad too much for the caliber of CD.

Anyhow, that is all I have to report now, so y'all have a good one!

O&O

Comments

Scratchie said…
What do you expect from somebody who can't even pronounce his own name correctly. :D
Abeni said…
I heard bout that Nazi thing last night on the news.How insensitive having their parade in blck neighborhoods
Mad Bull said…
Here is a link to give you the lyrics to the song. Its mostly right: Click here.
Unknown said…
Delaware sounds like one of them rural towns in the hills of Jamaica. Fi a city it sound boring fi true.

Di people shoulda stone dem Nazi farts deh!
Campfyah said…
I have a friend who moved form the Big Apple to DE and likes it there, I havn't figured out why. When I lived in MD, I only passed thru DE, never stopped, state too darned small fi me.

Wha yuh expect wid dem Nazi fellas in OH. and of course yuh see de city granted de permit fi dem tuh march. things that make yuh go huuummm.
Rev Island said…
Yes brother - serious times - neo-nazis marching - that itself is provocation which could have caused more rioting that what did happen - $13 not too bad - even when i get CD's on line I still have to add postage and import duty - I know what the power windows are like - i once replaced 3 regulators on a '93 Camry we had - big bill rasta - hundreds.