Shaggy Flop :(


Well, after many days of searching the local music stores for a copy of Shaggy's new CD, Clothesdrop, I can now say with 100% certainty that the CD flop! Not just a little flop IMHO, a big rass one! Of course, there are a few tracks that can listen still and my personal favorite is Wild 2 Nite with Olivia, the tune bad iya! Other than that, I can say that the other tracks are mediocre at best, with a few exceptions. Although, admittedly I am interested in the unique way in which he blended the steel drums with the song Clothes Drop and the fact that he used some old school dancehall riddims in some of the other tracks.

On another note of interest, I also bought the Batman Begins DVD, even though I saw the flick in the movie theaters already. Still an excellent movie with well-developed, complex characters. It is the best Batman movie ever IMHO and definately worth the money I spent on it!

BTW, while I'm on the movie tangent, Sylvester Stallone is getting ready to film Rocky 6! Kiss mi rass! Rocky coming out of retirement again? Hasn't he had enough? Logically speaking, Rocky started boxing in his mid-thirties, and that was back in 77...so now, in 2005, he would be in his mid-60's nearing the 70 mark and he planning to go back into the ring again??? Don't make no sense--but, undoubtedly I shall make my way to the movie theater whenever it comes out in 06 - 07.

Oh well, as you might easily be able to tell, I have nothing more interesting to write about today--except that I'll be on vacation starting tomorrow (so all you haters can guweh!) and I'll be making my way up to Delaware very soon, as soon as car get serviced. Take it easy and big up!

Comments

Rev Island said…
Well - sly is that old?!! How the years fly. I remember the 1st Rocky, when he took the glasses of the lady and planted one on her - wicked old time movie moment - I will check out Batman begins - thanks for the tip on that one.
Abeni said…
I not watching no rocky 6.They stale by now so Stallone should quit.Enjoy the weekend
Unknown said…
Radit the great Shaggy flop! Dat rough, when all the other j'can artiste dem album a do so well.

All now I haven't seen Batman Begins. I guess I will be waiting until it comes out on cable.

LOL, I say that bit of news about Rocky 6. A wah happen Stalone run out a money or something, or him a try mek a comeback movie like the govenor Arnlold?
Anonymous said…
Vacation? Hope you have a blast!! So whatcha gonna do in Delaware?

Do ya like Eminem? Me loves Eminem!!

btw..."Weeds" premiered here on the 12th. Saw episode two last night. It really is such a hoot!!
Mad Bull said…
Me not into no Rocky 6 either. Batman begins was excellent, I agree with you!
Jdid said…
I;m considering getting Batman Begins as well. Maybe in a few, we'll see
Had no intention of checking for the shaggy cause I knew it probably wouldnt be that good. Rocky 7 or 6 I cant deal with that at all
De Immigrant said…
Yes Shaggy's days are numbered. I heard the CD; nice slick productions, with a few stand-out tracks, but its the same old Shaggy sound and that is just not selling now. And whats with that DULL looking cd cover???
nahmix said…
Rocky 6? are you kidding me?