RASS GAS!

Two days ago I filled up my car at the local Exxon station. It was in the morning and the price was about $2.85/Gallon and I was crying. By the evening when I was driving home, the rass gas gone up to $3.80/Gallon at the same station! Bwoy, times rough for true when you have to be deciding whether you would prefer to take your girl out for dinner or buy a tank of petrol! It pretty much costs me the same and I drive a Honda...imagine the poor folks dem who drive dem big ol' SUVs and such--sorry for my neighbour with the new-brand Hummer H2 sitting in his garage!

This morning a student of mine suggested a piss-powered engine and believe me, I'm seriously contemplating an engine swap right now! You ever have it so bad with gas where you don't even want run your A/C when the weather is 80 degrees? Or you're more than willing to drive 25mph in a 60mph zone? But when you're at a point (like me) when you're even afraid to turn on your radio or headlights lest they too begin to suck the precious gas out of your vehicle, then you know the $#!+ has definately hit the fan. Yes, the little ugly Honda and Toyota hybrid cars have definately won out this day!

To top it off, Katrina has laid to waste much of the US' oil refineries, hence there is a bum rush on the gas stations and several places have closed down, not knowing exactly when they'd see gas again. Is a serious rass time fi true!

Anyhow, I not going to rant and rave bout gas no more, is Friday, and though things rough, food still in the fridge, Pebbles flying in for the labor day weekend, and I am healthy. So, give thanks and we will link soon!

Comments

Camille said…
Yea... tings going to get likkle harder dan usual now... *sigh* time fi get a bicycle and stop wear fancy duds to work. Shorts and t-shirt - why yuh seh? *grin*
Mad Bull said…
I paying $3.85 for gas now... and thats CI$. In US, thats somewhere in the region of $4.65, depending on that days exchange rates. $30 is normal for me to spend at the pumps :(
CoolDestiny said…
Everybody feeling it. Sad thing for me is that my job is a driving one so I can't escape it!
Marc M said…
For real. Times rough - have to give thanks for a roof over my head and food pon the table.
Jdid said…
yea the gas thing terrible
Scratchie said…
I think I need a bicycle cuz I can't keep up with the gas thing at all.
Unknown said…
Mi stop watch di gass prices! Seriously I can't take it anymore. The stress of the ever increasing gas prices is too much for my poor little heart and pocket.

Fi real mi wish mi coulda juss piss inna mi engine and go!