N*ggas and B*tches, Gin and Juice

Well, I did go out and by Damian's new CD after all. It was a pretty good CD, not the best CD I've ever heard by any standards, but definately worth the $9.99 I paid for it at BestBuy. In fact, I'd say it was on the same level as Half-Way-Tree, not much better, not much worse...though the collaboration song Beautiful with him and di crackhead (aka Mr. Whitney Houston aka Bobby Brown) was pretty tight still and the one he did with Eek-a-mouse and Bounty Killer, Khaki Suit was also pretty good. All in all, as I said, the album is worth the $9.99 I paid for it, not less, not more.

Anyhow, last night I was sitting around at home working on the compi, listening to Damian CD, when a thought suddenly cross my mind: "Why is it that Jamaican men (at least in my generation) don't call women bitches (unless they piss us off) and we most certainly don't walk around calling each other n*ggas. Our women certainly would have a lot to say if we were to even think about calling them a bitch or a ho! However, the younger generation (Lord, it's hard to believe that I am not the younger generation anymore!) really don't seem to have too much difficulties identifying with these terms. When I was growing up, I remember going out at age 17-18 and nobody used to ask for ID cards to buy drinks, yet you hardly saw that many drunk people stumbling around, hammered out of their minds. Now you hear more frequently about kids getting killed because of drunk driving. Lawks, bring back the simpler times yow!

Back in the day it used to be Bredrin and Sistren, Red Stripe and Food now it's Niggas and Bitches, Gin and Juice. No man, it just ain't right! Sure, you must drink a juice and feel irie every now and then, but don't do it to the point that you can't see straight, let alone drive straight...yet you still drive you cyar and go crash wid somebody and clean him or her clock! It just ain't right, iya! And you rass bredrin (or niggas) come to you funeral looking all sad and teary-eyed, why the rass dem neva tek you keys if dem was you peeps? [sorry, I not trying to preach, but I vex iya].

As for calling each other niggas and bitches, pimps and hos....stop it! Why the rass would you want to identify with a word that has such a nasty connotation (yes, there is a difference between the words n*gger and nigga) but if you call yourselves that, what other people outside your race going to think?

Imagine, I get into a fight with a Korean youth a couple years back, just because he come to me and say "Chill nigga!" "Who di rass you calling nigga?" *slap* "Yo Nigga, be cool, be cool Nigga!" *thump, kick* "C'mon nigga, don't hit me again nigga, please nigga!" Is only after I beat this bwoy down proper I realize that he had a lot of black friends and, though he never used the term with them, he figured that he could be down with me and say shit like dat. Since that day, nobody, not black, white, indian, chinese, african, european, japanese must call me nigga! Just because you use a word enough don't make the connotation of it any less...learn dat!

As for pimp? Why di rass do I want to be associated with a man that sell pum-pum for a living? I would much rather to be called an ol' gyalist!! As for bitches? I ain't gonna call my good good, pretty, nice-smelling woman a "bitch"...i.e. a female dog? I sleep wid women not dogs! And I not even going to touch "ho"...ho is something that you either use to dig up your backyard or a woman who gets paid for sexual favors--I certainly don't sleep with/date a garden tool nor do I pay for services rendered! So the hell wid dat.

No more nigga, no more pimp, no more bitch, no more ho! Breddrin, Sistren, Lion, Empress...conscious vibes we dealing wid for 2005.

Comments

Jdid said…
yes bredrin agree with that. i grow up calling people boss man, or star or captain or bredrin or even yes rasta no nigga nuttin
not that the word was unknown cause the older folks used to use it to disapprove of you if you were playing the tail or doing something wrong like 'see he he is a real nigga though' meaning he was somehow useless or a waste but it was never widespread useage and certinly wasnt a term of endearment.

as fa the bitch thing well back in the day we had our own names for the females but it was more like names for the slack worthless gal dem an we din use no bitch or ho. nope. oh well a so it go nowadays we adapt this foolishness somehow.
Yamfoot said…
what is the equivalent that black women call black men?
Mad Bull said…
Good sentiments here, Dog!
Anonymous said…
A.D - yu mek mi laugh dah night yah! I can just see you bussing my poor Korean yout' two good lick - "Who di rass yu a call nigga? Eeh? EEh/ Tek lik bwoy!!!" Po'Ting!!!
7
Scratchie said…
I'm a bit past you in age so you can imagine what I think about the new developments. Gone are the days when guys used to tell you that they were going to work on a project (chat up some girl) these days it's yow bitch!! I hear my son call his friends dawgs...and they answer woof woof......strange people.
Camille said…
STR8!!!! *standing ovation*