How Angry Dog Get Him Name

Good day to all you wonderful readers out in blogland! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend filled with rest and relaxation. Now, I haven't had a chance to read many blogs this weekend, but I've been slowly catching up. I did notice however that dear friend Campfyah call out a brotha's name on one of her more recent blog entries regarding the unusual names of fellow bloggers. Well, to shed some light on the situation, how I come about the name is quite simple:


One day, several years ago, I got into a heated discussion with a friend of mine about some stupid topic that I barely even remember. Well, friend-of-mine is a very well-read and extremely verbose individual and he was whipping my ass with his words and as time went by I began to feel dumber and dumber. After a while, I was excessively pissed off and at a complete loss for words, so I did the first thing that came to mind--I began growling and barking like a dog until he shouted "Alright Angry Dawg, mek we done the argument before you bite off mi head!" From that day on, I developed this little thing that when I'm happy or upset, or just plain bored I bark! DMX makes a living barking on stage, so why shouldn't I do so as well? It pisses Pebbles off to have her boyfriend bark, but hey, it's my thing!!


Anyhow, there you have my "life story", hopefully with some convincing Campfyah will reveal her "shady" past as well!

What did you do this weekend? Well, I pretty much didn't get one damn thing done! As it turns out, my friends were moving and were shorthanded, so I got the last minute call to arms! Now, aside from being in pain, I have a bunch of work to catch up on...which means I'm leaving work late tomorrow *sigh*. Oh well, sometimes we all have to help out our friends, nuh true? Oh, get this, the new house that my friends are moving into happens to be my first student house in Little Big City! Many memories in that place, most of them bad, so it was really a weird moment going back into that place again. Oh well, good or bad, memories are all we have and, in a way, going back to that place sort of made me feel as if my life had come back around full circle. Those were the days!

Have a great week you all!

Comments

Marc M said…
Interesting story behind your name. Uhmm power to the bark and growl - that is actually what got me my first college girl friend here in the U.S. I dunno how it happened but somewhere the conversation ended with her purring like a cat and then me growling like a dog. It totally impressed her.
Unknown said…
So that's the story! Cool.
Abeni said…
Barking? Lol,that is funny
Scratchie said…
Barking???? alrighty...it's your thing.
Campfyah said…
arrrrffff... one ah deese days I'll tell the story ;-))
Jdid said…
barking like a dog you say. alrighty then lol
Desiree said…
It is interesting to see where the name comes from! Angry Dog sounded so firece, but as one gets to know you you don't seem so firece - and too, we just can't hear you growl from out here (maybe you need add a soundclip to your profile!)
Mad Bull said…
Ok, so thats what desiree looks like... hi desiree!!!!

(moo, moo)
Desiree said…
LOL Mad Bull, yes, that is what I look like when I brush my teeth and comb my hair and put on a bit of make-up!