Farewell Luther

Hi there! Sorry I haven't posted for a while, you see Pebbles and I had to make a trip up to Newark, DE to find an apartment close to her job. We spent the better part of last Wednesday calling and making appointments and left early on Thursday morning to go see places. It was fun, albeit frustrating at times, and Pebbles has found herself with a vast number of beautiful apartments to choose from. After finishing our business yesterday afternoon, we had the opportunity to head over to PA to visit Dr. D. and family. A wonderful time was had by all and we topped off the evening with dinner at Red Lobster and the good doctor was kind enough to bless us with Luciano's latest CD and a bag of genunine Jamaican coffee, many thank yous sir! We also had the great opportunity of meeting Dr. D's sister, brother-in-law, and their niece--lovely little girl! Much good times were had and the good doctor, his lovely sister and cool brother-in-law had us laughing for a long time!

So, we finally made it back home at around 1:15 am after surviving insane 4th of July drivers, an evening rainstorm, insane Amish folk, and deadly speed traps in hick country! I was most distressed to see that famous R&B icon Luthor Vandross died on Friday at the age of 54.



He will always be remembered for his deep, lush voice and seductive lyrics. Yes, we have lost another one of our greats. Rest In Peace Brother Luther.

Comments

Mad Bull said…
True dat re luther... Bwoy, is a long time I doh see Rufie, you know! I envy you, Rufie is so funny! Dr. D (and now you) always gets to have all the fun! (* pouts *)
Anonymous said…
The link was irie....you and Pebbles must keep the links with Rufie when I am gone. Muchas gracias por la comida. The CD and coffee was the least I could do. The one you gave me is de boom. Had me and Marc antony in gales in the car.

Luther is gone yes, but as they say, the good die young. His music lives on (the Dance with my Father CD has suddenly become more precious!) Dr. D.
Camille said…
Sound like yuh had a good time tho... nice. Even tho I jus' travel in Feb, I feelin de itch again.

Anywho - walk good Luther. *sigh*
Campfyah said…
It's always good to meet up with friends new and old, far and near. House hunting can be sucha hassle, but you and pebbles seems to have mastered it.

yes, Luther had the nerve to go and die before I get my chance to see himperform live or with Patti LaBell. His music will surely be missed and will ring in our ears forever.
Jdid said…
rest in peace luther
Yamfoot said…
so,,,,,being the journalist type that I am, I have to ask...

Is DE Delaware?
And isn't that, like, a different state?
So is the dog moving to Delaware?

Jes asking.
Yamfoot said…
so,,,,,being the journalist type that I am, I have to ask...

Is DE Delaware?
And isn't that, like, a different state?
So is the dog moving to Delaware?

Jes asking.
Yamfoot said…
so,,,,,being the journalist type that I am, I have to ask...

Is DE Delaware?
And isn't that, like, a different state?
So is the dog moving to Delaware?

Jes asking.
Yamfoot said…
so,,,,,being the journalist type that I am, I have to ask...

Is DE Delaware?
And isn't that, like, a different state?
So is the dog moving to Delaware?

Jes asking.
Yamfoot said…
so,,,,,being the journalist type that I am, I have to ask...

Is DE Delaware?
And isn't that, like, a different state?
So is the dog moving to Delaware?

Jes asking.
-_- said…
I was never much of a Luther fan but I appreciate his works and how he has influenced the GOOD young artists (not the wack ones).

But eh eh yuh nuh easy, a get some Blue Mountain coffee! LOL Di bess inna di worl! :) I don't drink coffee but my parents always get dem han' on Blue Mountain when they go a yard... folks up here love it.