Swimming and Gymming

Just got back from the pool (shameful that I can't swim even after growing up in the island) and I have to tell you all, I feel good!!! Especially because I finally got my tired ass back into the gym after almost a year off and I'm slowly, but steadily, making progress once again. Finished teaching yesterday and got my student's grade submitted, so we're good to go.

You ever have these embarrasing moments in the gym when you're exercising your heart out and you feel that you're using the world's heaviest weight for an exercise, but some dude comes and uses the same weight (or more) for some basic exercise? Like, I figure that I'm a strong mofo, being able to squat 135lbs (which really isn't that much when you think about it, as far as legs go) but then some dude comes to you and says "can I work in with you?" and you're like, "sure, not a problem". Then he comes and takes the same weight you're using for a shoulder exercise like military presses. Makes you feel tiny, huh? But then, how big do you really feel when the guy looks at you and tells you "oh yeah, I'm the weakest one among my friends!"

No, it didn't happen to me, but I saw it happen to a guy this morning and I'm glad it did! He was strutting his stuff, throwing the weights around, yelling, being a pompous testosterone-driven bitch all for 135lbs!!! Another dude was in the gym and proceeded to lift the same weight for the military press and I was amused as hell to see the expression on this guy's face when he realized he's not as strong as he thought. Life is beautiful :D

Comments

Anonymous said…
How you mean you cyaan swim? If me rope you een to Lime Cay pon one of you trips to yard...you mus can dog paddle at least! ;-)

Who gives a shyte 'bout what others at the gym can do...lift what you can...screw all them steriod junkies! Dr. D.
Scratchie said…
Well I can't swim......and I still live on the island. My kids can...(does that count?)
Yamfoot said…
I supposed to be able to swim, but some where along the way, I lost the skill. I guess is like sex....if you don't do it, you lose the skill.
Mad Bull said…
@Yammie - so what're you saying Mich? You cyan sex either? Gotta work on that, girl! ;-)

@ A.D. - Bwoy, when I was reading this at first, I thought it was about you, soi I was saying to myself "135 lbs for a squat? Why is A.D. hyping up himself about that?". Yes, that guy does sound like a "Testosterone driven bitch"!
Jdid said…
lol, got a few of them in my gym. one fella always trying to intimidate everybody bare jokers
Anonymous said…
Dawg the swimming thing is that much of a big deal...I still panic when the water get pass my chest. Aside from that I am good, wish I could do the whole gym thing.
The Strainer lives....
Coming soon (the resurrection)
Anonymous said…
Once again I am saying I am sorry I didn't get to link the man pon mi last visit to the states...
strainer
Marc M said…
Wow what a gym, you can get both exercise and entertainment in a visit.
Desiree said…
LOL... some of lifes sweetest moments are seeing others not being quite the stuff they think they are. Well, anyway, good for you to be out there taking care of yourself!
Anonymous said…
Looking forward to the link my yute! Dr. D.