Maryville, Tennessee [Final Day]

I'm feeling really bad about myself this week...imagine, I go to a conference/workshop series to feel enlightened and inspired and I end up realizing three things about myself instead:

1. I have extremely good intrapersonal skills. Read: "I get along really well with myself and, as a result, am capable of thinking about myself thinking about some topic or the other." I guess you could say that I'm a "meta-thinker" of sorts.

2. With respect to my temperament I'm pretty even keel...i.e. not special.

3. I am a collaboration whore. I spent my entire time thinking of ways to collaborate with other CS and MIS programs in other colleges...hooray for me!

After 5 days of cafeteria food, lengthy philosophical discussions, and more cafeteria food, I'm just about ready to throw in the towel on this little escapade. I'm tired, my brain is saturated with all sorts of cool facts, I have a few ideas I want to implement in my own teaching. But above all, my stomach really really hurts! Oh well, time to say my farewells, pack up the Honda, and get the f*ck out of town!

Comments

Mad Bull said…
Yeah, five days is just too long for a seminar, IMHO...
Anonymous said…
have you tried aspirin?
Jdid said…
sounds ruff, i hope the stomach better now
CoolDestiny said…
In addition to being homesick, there's nothing worse than a trouble stomach away from home.

Don't be feeling bad about yourself. We love you for all that you are!!
Scratchie said…
Homeward bound...must be a good feeling. Hey I'm getting comments on blogs that I don't even own.
Yuh have to see with Sunshine, she's overworked and underpaid. :)
Anonymous said…
First time here in a bit...for some reason Daddy laptop could not open your site completely...doh ask me why...You know I can't provide you with any technical answers. Compi jus get discharged from hospital tonight.

Good to get you ra$$ outta dat place, the name alone doh sound like a place that welcoming to people who hail from the Caribbean.

Aspirin would certainly do nada for your stomach..in fact it may just make it worse, so take no advice from the medically unqalified....no intention to bash owen BTW ;-)

I say go a you yard...man bed never refuse dem yet, food always better at home.

Last but not least..send me a e-mail with your numbers nuh...I lost dem. I reach Pennsylvania on June 28th. Dr. D.
CoolDestiny said…
Just letting you know that my blog address has been changed to http://cooldestinypt1.blogspot.com