Caribbean BlogFest 2005

OK, I've been blogging since 2004 and during this time I'm happy to have met quite a few people from the Caribbean and North America (a special big up to all my Canadian readers!). Anyhow, here's my idea: What if we had a so-called "BlogFest" in December? It's just an opportunity for folks to meet, greet, and network outside of the blogsphere, sort of as a way of putting faces to writing, you zimi? Probably have some music, food, and such....I'm seeing the beach.

What does the blogsphere think about such an idea? Good? Bad? Would you attend? Anyhow, not too much to post today still, but just thought I'd get some feedback.

Comments

Abeni said…
Any ideas where the meeting will be?
CoolDestiny said…
I think that is an excellent idea. I'm wondering how many people would be willing to come since the blogosphere give you some amount of anonymity. Writing online is one thing, meeting and greeting is another.
Angry Dog said…
Hey Abeni,
I'm thinking the venue will probably be Jamaica.

Hey CoolDestiny,
You know, it seems as if many of the bloggers in the Caribbean blog arena are open to socializing, I've met up with Dr. D, Scratchie, Yamfoot, and spoke to MadBull on the phone the last time I was home (Christmas 04).
CoolDestiny said…
The Venue should definitely be Jamaica ... Hedonism ???
Angry Dog said…
@CD, I definately agree with you re: Hedonism :)
Mad Bull said…
I like the idea, but I am not so sure how the vacation synchronisation will play. Hedo sounds like a good idea, but it will mean that I have to find somewhere for MBJr. to stay... We'll see... Tell me more of your plans.
Anonymous said…
I'm game! Hedo eh!? Some of us may decide to remain anonymous pon de nude beach! :-) Dr. D.
Yamfoot said…
In December I will be in Grenada.

Yes, there is a lovely beach there!
-_- said…
Oy dat would be one BIG excursion, star... di likkle journalist wouldn't be able to go. :( As much as I would like to go to an island resort, oh, HMMM, right about now... mi cyant! LOL.

Hope y'all have fun!