Can you stop the pain?

The pain I'm referring to this morning is the aching sensation in my calves. Yep, I'm back in the gym again, trying to recapture the lost muscles of my youth and let me tell you it was much easier to stay in shape when I was 17 or 18! My calves have always been a weak point with me...i.e. they burn with more intensity than any other set of muscles in my body to the extent that I can't even walk right for two days after training them. Anyhow, I suppose that by the time I shower and head out to work they'll be sufficiently loose.

So, how was your weekend? Mine was fair to fine, thank you for asking! Pebbles and I did go to see Batman Begins and we both strongly recommend it! It was much more than just an "I'm Batman, so I'm obliged to kick your ass" type of movie. The characters were complex, dark, and you found it really easy to identify with the Bruce Wayne character so brilliantly portrayed by Christian Bale (Quinn of Reign of Fire fame for those of you who know the movie). Rutger Haur, Ken Watanabe, both had decent roles and did the best they could with their characters. Morgan Freeman was heavily underutilized in the film, but he did play an integral part of the story nonetheless. Michael Caine as Alfred the Butler was simply brilliant! Katie Holmes as Rachel was tough, beautiful, and extremely believable. Liam Neeson was the perfect blend of evil genius/twisted humanitarian fighting for a morbid cause that only he and his followers understand. Definately a movie that I will purchase once it hits DVD.

Now, Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants was a different matter. I liked it more than Pebbles (which is odd) though we both agreed that the plot was really weak and read like a Sweet Valley High novel. The dialouge was really lacking and we both asked ourselves the question: "in what world would a hot-blooded Puerto Rican chica, an introverted Goth chick with blue hair, an uptight artist-type, and a tall blond-haired, blue-eyed football (soccer) bombshell be best of friends let alone fit into the same pair of jeans???" I guess the movie was targetted towards teenage girls, as opposed to an old crusty man such as myself.

Anyhow, that is my contribution for today, I am off to shower and massage the old calves so I can get the hell out of the house and end up at work! Have a great day y'all and I will be checking your blogs tonight!

Comments

Jdid said…
sisterhood of the who? lol

will check batman this week sometime and yep I remember reign of fire. could have been better but then could have been worse
Camille said…
Not being much of a movie buff, I am not itching to go see Batman in the cinema, but I take your point about it being buyable and will look out for it at the Vid store for renting as soon as it is released.

As for the pants one.... I must be an uber-snob, cos the name alone would have kept me away. Kudos to you for your versatility. :-)
Anonymous said…
Re the calves, you simply haffi rest dem...allow the lactic acidosis (which accounts for the pain) to resolve. I tend to get a pain in my left calf when I walk sometimes. It has got bad enough that I have to stop and rest and has prevented me from completing the whole walk. Bummer!

Rutger Hauer still deh bout?

Bwoy, if you referring to yourself as a 'crusty old man' I mussi like the coelacanth.....a living fossil to rass!

Yeah, the sisterhood movie deh doh sound like it a beckon me at all. Dr. D.
Tooomz said…
Haha, loved your movie reviews! I miss going to the cinema..What else do you recommend?

My luv to Pebbles, as always :)