Life Lesson # 1825: Never pull nosehairs while driving

Well, I woke up this bright and beautiful Saturday morning and headed out to my 9:40am student honors convocation ceremony. After putting on my dress, hood, and square hat, I looked every bit like how a young faculty member should look! Anyhow, the ceremony began @ 10:00 am and got done @ 11:30 am, so I was well on my way. Called up my friend Vicki and we headed out to lunch at a little Meditteranian Restaurant...had the gyro platter and the lamb was irie fi true...irie enough in fact that I bought an extra one for Pebbles' dinner tonight. Anyhow, after dropping Vicki home I decided to head home for some much needed R & R.

Well, on the way home, I began playing with my nose. After all, what else does a bored commuter do? I suddenly discovered a really long nosehair and decided to play with it for a while. So, I was stroking and stroking, when it suddenly hit me that I was doing something pretty gross and the nosehair needed to be pulled out on the spot! Now, if you've ever pulled any kind of hair out of any body part, you know that it hurts like hell...so imagine the fact that you're pulling something out of your nose which is wired to the rest of your facial nerves...of course, I wasn't thinking about that right then and there.

First pull, nothing happens, but my nose does hurt a bit. Second pull, still nothing, but I'm sniffling at this point. Third pull, still nothing, but the pain intensifies a bit. Finally, in frustration, I give a long, hard, yank and lo and behold out comes the hair. Of course, the pain receptors in my face go haywire and I can barely see to drive, now I'm thinking to myself, "what spirit of stupidity encouraged me to do that?" I have no idea, but I know that I'll never do it again...ever!


As you can see, I have nothing sensible to contribute, but is life....

Have a great day, zeen!

{Ruff, Ruff}

Comments

Anonymous said…
Rass...I know what I getting you fe Xmas...one o dem nose hair clippers.... Dr. D.
Anonymous said…
Dog!!! Yu mean sey yu reach dis ya ole age and never realize sey dis is not di time to do dis ting!!!!!

Mi sorry sey it hurt, but is so it go
:-)

Ciya
Mad Bull said…
Actually, I have been thru the same thing (well, I never play and stroke it, but...).
It seems that I have a higher tolerance for pain than you though, or the flesh in my nose doesn't grip on to the hair follicles and roots with the same tenacity that yours does.
I do have an over-long hair in my eyebrow that I have tried to pull out and have never been successful. I quite literally see stars everytime I try to pull that sucker. That ra$$ has to be clipped, Iyah!
By the way, I finally rented the "Boat Trip" cd... Yeah, the Sanchez daughter is nice... the show was really funny too... I rented it based mainly on your tip, so know that youre blog has done a good turn, you simi.
Peace.
Desiree said…
Ouch! Uh... you best be keeping that activity for the bathroom now, you know that the commuters that rode alongside you were probably grossed out!
Jdid said…
people on the highway must be like wha de rass dis man doing though lol
Scratchie said…
We live and we learn...then we forgot and are provided with oh so vivid reminders. Hush AD.
Stu said…
Man, that's messed up!