The Dark Meal

Yes people, di dawg deh ya again (tr: Hello folks, the dog is here once again). Things are a lot less hectic now, so I'm quite content ;). Nicely relaxing while my students busily build their web pages. I'm still a little sick, but it seems as if the sore throat isn't really as bad as this morning, so here's hoping that I'm on the path to recovery.

Speaking of recovery, I was driving in to work this morning half-listening to the radio. Suddenly there was some mention of this deadly Asian flu virus that was accidentally shipped to some 18 countries, including the US. You can read the entire article here. Apparently some of that stuff got into my state as well, so I hope they destroy it as they said they did...of course, me being slightly ill, became sort of nervous and jittery for a little while until I finally convinced myself that if I really had this virus I'd be sicker than a dog (no pun intended) and probably dead already. Oh well, we'll see...

You ever driving along and see a road sign that makes you wonder what the hell people are thinking? No, not the cute signs like KFC's "Eat More Chicken" ad (see below):



But this morning as I drove past a KFC restaurant, I saw a sign that said:
9 Piece
Dark Meal
Only 9.99


First of all, what exactly is a dark meal? and why am I paying a little bit more than a dollar for each piece of said dark meal? Is a dark meal specifically meant to attract black people to the store? Or does it mean that a black person is the meal??? Hmmm, it could also be some sort of satanic thing where you eat the dark meal and drink a quart of chicken blood then mutate into some ugly, evil, twisted creature with lots of money (e.g. Donald Trump). Hmmm, I wonder, I wonder, I wonder. Maybe the dark meal is just the so-called dark meat parts of the chicken, e.g. everything else except the breast--nah, that's too easy...

OK, let's play a little game....drop me a comment telling me what you think about when you see an advertisement like that, zeen. Alright, hold tite, the dog gone! Have a blessed weekend.

{Ruff, Ruff}

Comments

Desiree said…
I find them cows suggesting we 'eat more chik'n' cute, the dark meal sign must mean the dark meat, guess they are finding there is a crowd that asks for it? I used to be an all dark meal gal (as far as chicken goes), but evolved to the lighter lower fat pieces. I would have been thrilled by the all dark meal in my younger days.
Mad Bull said…
I haven't had enuff rum yet to answer you properly, and after I get home from the concert, I'll probably stagger straight into bed. Remind me to have a few tomorrow and post a certain picture on this post, nuh?
Stu said…
You know, KFC, doesn't actually sell chicken, hence the name of the meal. If you notice, nothing on their menu says the word chicken. They may say breast, thigh, wing etc.

I am convinced they engineered some type of animal that is cheaper than chicken, the changed the name of the company from Kentucky Fried Chicken tpo KFC, and removed the word chicken from their menu and now sell this newly engineered animal.
Anonymous said…
Bwoy AD....it conjures up all sorts of images....but I have a good idea of the kinda 'dark meat' the Bull may post here ;-) I man haffi come back to tek een de picha. KFC may just start to see me more often! :-))) Dr. D.
Abeni said…
Those cows are sooo cute..lol
Jdid said…
dark meal? maybe that is a meal you have to eat with the lights off
Anonymous said…
Hey bonehead. That is Chick-Fil-A, not KFC.