I'm Back

After spending the past few days down in the dumps, feeling sorry for myself, I've finally decided to surface once more and take up my rightful place in the Caribbean blogsphere (Lion King soundtrack plays as Dr. D stands next to me and says "Everything the net touches is our kingdom"). On that anology, I have to say that I've definately been away for too long!



Anyhow, the major thing on my mind these days is the R.A.S.S. gas price increases that we've been experiencing of late! Spent $2.09 / gallon at the pump this morning and is only the low-grade (87) gas I buy! Worst yet is that we're expecting to have gas prices way over $2.20 / gallon in the summer months...which puts a serious damper on my travel plans! Let's see, do I want to sleep in a hotel tonight or buy a tank of gas? Do I want to eat a decent meal today or buy a tank of gas? On the plus-sized, SUVs are becoming much cheaper nowadays, so if you're in the market for something big now is the time (just as long as you don't mind shelling out >$100 bucks every time u need to fill the tank!).



Hey, y'all like my new wheels? [not!] It's actually the new 2006 Lexus RX 400h, one of the few hybrid SUVs on the market! Pretty sweet, ent? They say that it handles really well for a hybrid still and has a lot of power. Of course, since its part gas part electric, the mileage per gallon is extraordinary! Hmmm, speaking of which, if time permits, I must really go up to the Honda dealership near me and see if I can test drive one of the new hybrid Civics they have! After all, with >640 miles per week getting added to my odometer, it's not so easy to fill up you know!

Have a great weekend all!

Comments

Mad Bull said…
Yeah, Dawg, its a pretty cyar fi true. You know say me birthday jus' gone, right? Is one of those I-man need, Iyah!
Jdid said…
glad to see you are back dawg!
Anonymous said…
Welcome back...I get een after nuff unsuccessful attempts.

Good to hear you feel more upbeat.

Re the SUV....not my style of vehicle overall (not a SUV man at all), wouldn't buy it if I had the funds...if you waan gimme now, that's a different ting.

Gas is climbing here too. I don't know....... Dr. D.
Stu said…
I got the RX330 as a loaner once. It was a nice ride.
Scratchie said…
Can't deal with the SUV thing at all. I like cars low and wide. If it's a gift though you won't get any arguments from me. Glad to see you back in the scheme of things.
CoolDestiny said…
Nothing beats a BMW, whether sedan, sports car or SUV ... My ultimate dream car is the X5 .. not a lexus fan at all but this one does look nice.

Man, I saw on CNN this morning that people in the states are now filling up and driving away without paying because of how high the gas prices are so the owners now have to install surveilance cameras to get licence plate #s to track down these persons. It dread ...at least where you are Dawg you may have the option to take subway or bus. In Jamdown ... it's drive or die!!!
Desiree said…
Nice looking litte vehicle there... that it is part gas and part electric is such a nifty idea! It was time for someone to do something about the way vehicles function with gas prices on the increase forever and always.