Paris Hilton Xposed!

G'morning all, it's Thursday and I have to tell you that I am excited++! Why am I excited? simple, I don't have to go in to the office tomorrow!!! Though I do have to spend 4 hours sitting around learning about cluster computing at a symposium tomorrow...but that's ok, no long drive in to work :). In fact, the symposium is right around the corner from where I live [walking distance if I still believed in walking].

Anyhow, if some of you have been following the news lately, you'll see that Paris Hilton had her mobile phone hacked by some unknown hackers. To make matters worse, they posted a bunch of phone numbers and e-mail addresses for quite a few celebrities whom she had stored in her phone (some popular names include Eminem, Jay-Z, LL Cool J, Christina Aguillera, Ashlee Simpson, Vin Diesel, and Li'l John). In addition they found some pics of her as well, and let me tell you, the girl is a straight up freak! She had nekkid pics of herself kissing some other chick.

Anyhow, not that I really care much about Paris Hilton and her twisted self, but something about the whole lifestyle of the rich and famous bugs me. People spend their lifetime struggling to make something of themselves. Folks spend their lives working to make ends meet and still never gain the wealth and prestige that these people gain in a few months...why do entertainers make billions of dollars per year while educators, folk of great intellect, oftentimes find it difficult to make ends meet? Why do little kids get to drive Lexuses, Land Rovers, Bimmers and live in multi-million dollar mansions before they can even speak proper English while so many folk spend their lives struggling to eat some bread and will never be able to do better than an apartment and a bus ticket? What the hell is up with that?

My folks once told me that if you work hard then you'll succeed. They were right in on sense, because you never really measure success by the amount of money you have...but still, I'm human and I have needs, wants and desires...which is probably why it upsets me when I see folks who don't know what it is to struggle being revered as divas by those of us who do!

{nuff said}

Comments

Anonymous said…
I kinda like Paris. From what I've read, she really does work hard and doesn't have to, having been born into money and all.

As for the struggling part of life? I hear you and you're a teacher!! Good for you!! Wish I had stayed in school long enough to accomplish a career in teaching.

André and I are those people struggling in an apartment. He's a plumber and since we moved here together almost five years ago, I haven't been able to work because I have no French.

Hope you are enjoying your day away from the office...smile!!
Anonymous said…
how can one person have so manny numbers in there address book I don't know. it's ridiculus
CoolDestiny said…
Are we even surprised that we have discovered some of the intimate details of Paris' life? She never portrayed herself as or pretended to be an angel. As a VHI/MTV junkie, anyone who has seen pieces on her will know that she is classified as a "bad girl" ... her "nekkid" kissing another girl is probably the most angelic thing she has done! As was said, she "works" even though she was born into money which is "noble" (I guess ...) I'm through wondering why I can't have as much money as they do. God knows why and until he sees it fit to bestow this blessing on me, I'll continue to enjoy what I do have since that is a blessing too.
Abeni said…
Can't say I pay much attention to Paris and Nicky Hilton.So much so that I didn't even know there was a Paris "scandal" again.
Jdid said…
got to hand it to Paris. With no talent at all this woman has gained so much minutes of fame.

I feel you on what you're saying though. Was having the sam convo with a friend the other day. THey tell you go to University get an education and you will do good but yet all the rich folks seem to be folk who are born into it or eschewed education like the NBA stars.
Anonymous said…
At long last me get een...tell me, wtf is the problem with these rahtid comment boxes? Man, you is a IT yute, don't you want to earn your big windfall? Send them a fix it proposal nuh!:-)

I would never wish to be a celebrity. First off, your life is not your own. You fart and it mek some gossip paper. The vast majority of them do not live happy lives despite the shyteload of money they may have. They have transient relationships, divorce and remarry like it a go outta style, sniff coke, drink to drunken stupor, suffer from eating disorders, molest children......I could go on.

Nutten wrong with being comfortable, but frankly, I think I prefer my humble life with the family and friends I have that love me, anyday over these eediat superstars! Dr. D.
Anonymous said…
I'd phuck Paris and har fren' still
Anonymous said…
I have a feeling I know where that anonymous comment originated! ;-) Dr. D.
Campfyah said…
Dawg, I feeling you on the whole celebrity thing. I don't follow the likes of Parris, Christina, Britney or any of dem youngings. But you do have a point on the whole success issue.

We bust our brains going to school to acheive something and end up with little to nothing and then deese fools make a one hit wonder by chance or expose tuh boxie (wunna kno dat word) and tits and make millions...pity..but hey they have to get old and face their maker just like we do.
Scratchie said…
I don't follow up on these folks. Wish I had some millions but hey more than likely I'd be right back where I am today...penniless but not hating life.
Mad Bull said…
ok, heres what I think. Paris ah idiot, you're right.She doesn't really deserve the spotlight, the money and the fame. Many others do, though... its all about supply and demand. The laws of economics. Very few people have what it takes to climb to the top of the entertainment heap, and so they justify their high rewards.