Happy Valentines Day!

Happy Valentines Day to all the ladies that read this blog! [Note that I'm not saying a word to you guys out there!] Here's hoping that you all have a great day filled with much romance and pleasantries. Now, back in the day when I was at EXED Community College, Valentines Day was an opportunity for me and my crew to dress all in black and bitch about "the man" [i.e. whichever political party was in power at the time] and his injusticies. It was a day for us to all sit together in the Village listening to Black Sabbath, Nirvana, SoundGarden, and Nine-Inch Nails. Yeah, we were rebels for sure. Back in the day we used to laugh at anybody who dared to wear red and white [especially if it were a guy]. Yeah, we were rebels without a clue for sure!

Last year, I inadvertently broke the sacred code :(. I accidentally wore a red shirt to school...well, it wasn't red, well, not exactly. It was burgundy. But nonetheless, I broke the code man! And you know what, this year I'll be paying for my transgression 100-fold! Can you imagine, we have a faculty/staff meeting tonight scheduled for 6:30pm!!! That means I get done teaching at 4:00pm and have to spend an extra 2.5 hours in my office doing Lord knows what! [oh yeah, I have an exam to write for one of my classes tomorrow]. Can you believe it folks? That means I won't be home to Pebbles until close to 9:00pm! Nooooo, where is the justice? Oh well, I broke the code, so now I pay the price [though rationally speaking, things like this happen when you're all grown up with a job :)].




Here's a li'l supp'n supp'n for the ladies



Anyhow, the weekend was great, simply marvellous! I broke my diet sadly, though I guess the fact that my birthday was Friday sort of made it impossible not to! Oh well, it's back on the wagon come next week. Didn't feel too good physically on Saturday, head was hurting like crazy, dizzy, eyes burned. Figured that it was from exhaustion coupled with my new change of diet. Still managed to spend the day at the mall with Pebbles and we even managed to see Hitch with Will Smith in the evening.



It was a pretty decent movie still and we enjoyed it for the most part. But guys, I warn you from now...it's more of a chick flick than it is a comedy where the dude has the skill to get any lady he wants as the promo might suggest, ya feel me? Don't say the Dog didn't warn you now! Speaking of movies, I was surfing around the Sony website and guess what you get when you mix Samuel L. Jackson, XZIBIT, and Ice Cube? You get XXX 2 of course! Better believe it action fans, Ice Cube is the new XXX, XZIBIT is his sidekick, and Samuel L. Jackson is well, the badly maimed hardass from Part I. Guess what else? Rob Schneider is back as Deuce Bigelow...again. To think that they'd have killed the movie when they had a chance...no, of course not! They done gone made a sequel and they even brought back Eddie Griffin ^sob, sob^, but this time it's soooo different, cause they're ho'ing in Europe. Go figure.

Anyhow, that's my weekend update/movie review...I had planned to bitch about/compliment the insanity/genius of Strange Love as well, but I need to be up in the morning to get to the office, so I'll save my rant for another day! Have a great Valentines Day each and every one of you (yes, you too fellows!) and here's hoping that you take extra special care of that special someone in your life. If you're single, remember that there's a special someone in your life as well...you! Love yourselves folks and remember that you each are God's special gifts, for there is only one person exactly like you!

Big up and nuff respec'

Comments

Abeni said…
Happy Valentine Day to you as well.The code-you say? Nooooo,it is for all the times you ignored the day:)
Melody said…
Angry, that part 'bout bein' de "special someone in your own life if you're single" is great stuff! Most people seem to forget that they're their own special someone, they only want to be someone else's special someone. Enjoy de day!
Jdid said…
You broke the code? no say it aint so brother, say it aint so.
Scratchie said…
I forgot the damn code. I am wearing a red and grey tie today arrrrgggghhhhhh!!!!!! No I've done it.
Have a good day Dawg.
Anonymous said…
Didn't know that Dawg inna de V Day suppem!

Hope you get a bone(r) with a big red ribbon round it!
;-)) Dr. D.
Mad Bull said…
Hope your Valentines Day works out ok despite being held back at work...