What the flip...

...is going on with Blogger? Haven't been able to log on for a few days and now that I can it seems as if the style-sheet is missing, so I'm stuck looking at a plain-jane page; oh well, I don't care.

Anyhow, the weather here has been pretty bad lately--lots of snow and rain and it's cold! really cold! as in less than 20 degrees F cold! as in I really wish I was in Jamaica or at the very least Florida (Sunshine, r u reading this? if so, I coming down to crash...don't worry, a couch is fine, though in the worst case floor is good too!)

I don't have much time to write a decent post today, but I have something to tell unnu: I am so sad :(. Imagine, last night I was driving (or more accurately slip-sliding) home from work and I caught sight of this lovely baby deer. I mean the deer was so pretty, with the fluffy hair and a cute little brown patch on it's neck. Well, I braked up, just in case Bambi was going to cross the road or if his/her parents and/or siblings might be nearby and try to cross the road as well. No such luck, the deer waited patiently until I had driven off before he went across.

Flash forward to this morning at around 9:30am when I'm headed in to work. Come to the same spot where I sited Bambi this morning and I see him/her on the side of the road...dead! Poor ting, look like he/she had gotten hit by a truck or something, but Bambi just wasn't Bambi anymore :( The only thing that I could see to let me know that it was him/her was the brown patch where the neck used to be.

People, I tell you, I vex I vex I vex. Now, most of you who read here regularly probably never knew me as an animal-lover. The truth be told is that I'm not really an animal lover at all and am deathly afraid of Bambi hitting my car and cleaning my clock! But, there's just something about seeing something alive and beautiful and vibrant in one moment then cold and lifeless in the next that strikes a chord deep within my neanderthalian heart. Oh well, RIP Bambi...

Comments

Scratchie said…
Hey Doggy, Yuh think is so this thing go? Don't post all week and then post four of the same thing and think yuh gwine get wey dat easy. Think again!!!
Damn lazy!!!
:-)
Abeni said…
Blogger has serious issues ever so often.Poor Bambi
Yamfoot said…
you gwine delete a few of them posts nuh?

driving on snow, I dont know bwoy...i couldnt do that.
Anonymous said…
Sorry to hear 'bout Bambi my yute :-(( Reminds me of the time a few years ago, I was driving by Grant's Pen area. Saw a very mangey looking mawga puppy with ribs showing (mussi one o you cousin still ;-)) ) trying to cross the road. I stopped to let the tiny mutt cross the road. When the poor ting was crossing, a rass of a taxi man who could not wait behind me decides to overtake and crushes the poor animal to death! :-( When I tell you I vex so till!

Anyway, dont know what is up with blogger, but, being away for a few days don't mean seh you fe post the said ting four time....that does not get you any extra points for the absence! Cool vibes still! And BTW, it chilly by local standards here also. Dr. D.