Those Crazy Brits!

Top o' the morning to y'all. I apologize for not updating my blog much this week, but since I've gotten back, it's been quite a struggle to get myself back into "professor mode" after spending nearly three weeks in "carefree party-boy mode!" Speaking of carefree party boy, have you all caught the latest shocker out of Britain regarding Prince Harry? Imagine, the moron actually went to a fancy dress-up party donning a Nazi military costume (with swastika and all!). Of course, the Jews are pissed, especially since the holocaust commemoration day is just a few days away. Anyhow, the little bastard apologized (via a spokesperson) and it seems to have satiated the Jewish community a bit, though there are still many calls for him to make a public apology in person. You can read the article by clicking here.

I was watching CNN yesterday morning and a news article about Indonesia and the US caught my fancy. It seems as if the Inodonesian government wants the US troops that have been deployed to help them recover from the devastation brought about by the tsunami to leave the country as soon as possible. Now, I suppose that looking at it from one perspective, it could be argued that Indonesia is simply an ungrateful nation! However, it is important to note that they are a predominately Muslim nation, and their reaction is simply a result of the fear that the Muslim world has for the US...to the extent that they would actually reject help because of a fear of occupation! Now, this is one issue that I have no perspective on, who's wrong and who's right, is anybody wrong? What do you all out in blogland think?

Now, a special note to my friends Scratchie and Mad Bull and other car enthusiasts out there: have you all seen the newly-redesigned 2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse? 3.8-litre Mivec V6 engine producing roughly 260 hp and 260 lb/ft of torque! Supposed to be a really nice ride still, but I'm still not sure if I love the exterior lines too much...though the gauge cluster that looks like one found on motorcycles is really cool still. You can check out the Mitsubishi official site here.

Anyhow, I have to run off and do some more class preps, so I'll talk to you all later! Have a wonderful weekend and enjoy your Friday!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm thinking Prince Harry has quite the sense of humor myself. Little devil!!! Can't help it. He's a redhead, as am I. I'm sure he meant no harm. On a side-note...did you know Bush's upcoming inauguration is the same day in January that Hitler came into power?

As for the US pulling out of Indonesia? Well, I'm assuming it would probably be "a good thing". On the one hand, they're blowing Iraq up and on the other hand they're offering aid to another country that nature has devastated. I'm thinking they should start aiding Iraq as opposed to blowing it up. From what I read anyway. I can kinda see where the Muslim religion is coming from on this one. You did ask what we thought right? You know Maggie...never has a problem telling you what she thinks...smile.

Hope you too enjoy a wonderful weekend. I'm going to have a cocktail or two this evening and then visit friends for dinner tomorrow evening. But then, you already knew that right??

Maggie
Abeni said…
I don't have a problem with Indonesia's stance.Maybe,like Castro they feel it is a lot of hypocrisy.I think the US had offered Cuba 50 k as aid for hurricane damage and Castro promptly refused it.
Melody said…
Either Harry's frightfully daft, or he's expressin' personal views--as everyone does--through fashion choices, and then who'd want his empty apology?
Anonymous said…
Harry made a big mistake there. Hey, he is Royalty....they supposed to be training the lad about what's acceptable and what is not for a Prince.

The cyar look kriss...too kriss in fact. Bring dat come a Ja. fe some taxi man or mini bus driver lick it! :-((

I won't bother to suggest how you can get you satisfaction if dat happen! Dr. D.
Scratchie said…
Harry is a fool if he thought he was going to get away with that outfit without a fight.
I won't knock Indonesia. Quite a few countries are against the US because of their "world police" behaviour. It's ironic that they are the ones everybody looks to when their asses are in a bind though.
Not my style of car AD. I leave that to the young boys like Doc.:-)
Anonymous said…
Actually, I didn't realise that wearing a costume was a political statement. I think that the rest od the world should get their heads out of their asses and shut the eff up on that issue... actually, I think Harry should do a photo shoot in the same Nazi costume where he spins around, drops the pants and moons all his detractors!
Re the car, it looks kriss to me. A.D., buy it for me nuh man?
Jdid said…
Not sure what Harry's motives were but he sure stirred up some stuff here. Anyway considering Prince Phillip's penchant for a few offcolor comments like his paki comment a few years back its just continuing the trend of the royals to do silly things in the public eye.