Dum Du Du Dum Dum Dumb!

G'morning all. I'm sort of in a rush to get to the shower so I can make it in to work this morning, but I thought I'd share one of my not so brilliant moments with you. Last night, I had to take Pebbles to teach her evening class [this is around 6:30pm or so] when I suddenly decided that my car was dirty and that I really really need to wash it [especially since all the salt and stuff they put on the road to melt the snow and provide traction tends to corrode the vehicle's undercarriage]. So, I drove to the automated car wash and voila! My car was nice and shiny within 5 minutes.

So, we flash forward to 8:15pm, when Pebbles calls me to pick her up. Sure, no problem, I grab my jacket, scarf, gloves, cellphone, and keys and head out the door. Wait a secound, is this my car? why doesn't the key fit in the lock? S#!+, the lock's frozen! Water from the car wash got in and froze the lock. The freezing point of water is 32 degrees F (I think), the temperature outside at the time was about 12 degrees F...therefore, it would make sense that the lock would freeze, right? Now why the hell didn't I think of that before I took the car to the car wash? Simple, because I'm dumb ;). Oh well, at least the lock on the passenger side didn't get frozen, so I can get into the car from that way...just don't be expecting me to get into my trunk anytime soon!

Anyhow, I gotta go do my thing and get outta here...educating young minds today you know!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I feel for you!!! We have one of those automatic starter thingies. Do you think that would by-pass a frozen lock?? Maggie
Stu said…
Just blow on it for an hour or two, your warm breath will melt the ice eventually :)
Jdid said…
ha ha ha, happens to the best of us dog. ya had good intentions but ya kno what they say about that
Anonymous said…
Sounds like a hammer and an ice pick would solve that... It might eff up your lock in another way, but it should bash the ice out of the way, wouldn't it... Also, an acetylene torch would work wonders... some people used one recently to burn their way into the safe at a place of business here, so if it can handle that, it should get you into the cyar in no time! No, I won't accept cash, I'm just glad I was able to help. :-)

Mad Bull
Anonymous said…
Dats anodda reason why me live yahso. ;-))) Dr. D.
Melody said…
Tape, Angry, tape. Tape likkle anti-freeze-napkin over de lock. That's how we wash our auto inna winter. (Tryin' to melt a freeze-up lock don't too work.) Tape does.
Scratchie said…
Mi really doan understand how unoo survive up there. Too many things to think about.