Tis beginning to look like Christmas

G'morning folks! I must again apologize for the lack of updates, this week has been pretty hectic as I've been trying to get all my grading done and preparing a presentation to try to get some grant money for a new faculty initiative. Suffice it to say the presentation went well, but I've opened up an entirely new can of worms and, as a result, I must make my presentation to three more committees sometime in January. Oh well, I don't blame them, after all I did go in to a meeting and say "hey, let's start a brand new curriculum!" when they've been saying for the past few years "hey, let's cull some of our useless programs!" Beauracracy is a wonderful thing, isn't it?

Anyhow, on a lighter note, Christmas soon come and the warm weather beating down on my naked back and shoulders will be quite delightful. To all y'all that have to suffer from the cold weather, my heart goes out to you! Dr. D, I certainly will be looking forward to linking you. Yammie and Princess P, hoping to see y'all as well! Maggie, I'd love to throw you in my suitcase, but the fact that the US customs officers are now allowed to search my suitcase without me being present and without my permission, I'm afraid they might steal you! Sunshine, I think the server that I store my pictures on at work was temporarily disconnected (the bastards at work I tell you!), but I'll let you know in a few days when its back up so you can see them. Ciya, I going send you a plane ticket I'd love to send you and Popsy a plane ticket to yawd fi di Chrismus, but I don't win the big one yet! Someday soon I'll crack the lotto code and become a billionaire *insert diabolical laughter here*. Stu, shame, shame, shame, of course I had to go watch Bridgette Jones 2 because of my girlfriend. Do you think that I, a red blooded Jamaican male, would really take up myself to go watch a chick flick (which was pretty funny btw) on my own steam?

Hey to my Canadian readers, did people really go out and protest Bush's policies when he visited the other day? If so, how did it go, if not, why?

Now, as y'all might gather from this post, I really don't have that much going on right now, but I have a confession to make: You see, it's not that I was too busy to update my blog, but I've been spending my blogtime playing cricket online! Yes man, the game alright still. If you want to check it out, go to http://www.stickcricket.com and give it a try. Heck, they even have the West Indies lineup! Dr. D. I know you are not much of a cricketer still, but even this might work for you. Yammie, you bruck you ducks yet?

Anyhow, me gone do di 3 S ting and go work, so if anything we will link inna di lataz! Bless it up nuh!

{arf,arf}

Comments

Anonymous said…
Looking forward to the links rude yute. Plenty tings can gwaan.

Yeah, it is starting to look and feel Christmassy here as well. Might try put up mi lights/tree inna de next few days.

Anyhow, miself need fe go bathroom and deal with the 3 S's so lata. Dr. D.
Scratchie said…
When dawg gets to yard mek sure yuh give mi a shout Doc.
Dawg the reward for suggestions and good work is more work. Good to know things are going OK though.
Jdid said…
Man thanks fa de stickcricket link. nuff time waste now :-)
I got this world cup cricket 2001 game an i build me own windies side dat beat or draw wid evabody in the world so far. sigh if only that was reality.
Abeni said…
Lord,is now Jdid stuck playing cricket games.See what you start
Anonymous said…
Thanks for the "almost" ticket Dog. I am sure you will have a wonderful time in Jamaica for Christmas. Yes there were protestors to meet Georgie Porgie in Ottawa - I was not one...is too far away, plus with three kidlets and Popsy, things were just a bit too busy. I think there were a few scrimishes but nothing too disorderly with the protestors. Remember you know, this is Canada, the home of the understated, the over compensators, the politically correct before political correctness was in fashion.

Very little riles the average Canadian.

Ciya
Anonymous said…
Thanks for the "almost" ticket Dog. I am sure you will have a wonderful time in Jamaica for Christmas. Yes there were protestors to meet Georgie Porgie in Ottawa - I was not one...is too far away, plus with three kidlets and Popsy, things were just a bit too busy. I think there were a few scrimishes but nothing too disorderly with the protestors. Remember you know, this is Canada, the home of the understated, the over compensators, the politically correct before political correctness was in fashion.

Very little riles the average Canadian.

Ciya
Melody said…
OK, Angry Dog, as U can C, De Piggy's taken U up on your invite--risking sharp doggy teeth! U're goin to JA, I C; lucky U, gone lef we! Ah read some ov your posts. U're quite the writer, aren't U? Luvly indeed--especially for a Piggy who loves to read; but ah ponder the commandment in the Mr. Lover story that said, "Thou shalt love the Wolmer's girls as they love themselves." What does that mean? Does De Piggy detect an aversion to the blue-and-white beauties?
Melody said…
OK, Angry Dog, as U can C, De Piggy's taken U up on your invite--risking sharp doggy teeth! U're goin to JA, I C; lucky U, gone lef we! Ah read some ov your posts. U're quite the writer, aren't U? Luvly indeed--especially for a Piggy who loves to read; but ah ponder the commandment in the Mr. Lover story that said, "Thou shalt love the Wolmer's girls as they love themselves." What does that mean? Does De Piggy detect an aversion to the blue-and-white beauties?
Anonymous said…
You will definitely be linked when the Dog reach Scratchie....u might be needed to help him scratch fleas!!! :-)))))))))))))

Hush AD, if you tink you buck up on bad mouting yet...wait till you reach yard! :-0 Dr. D.
Anonymous said…
Well then, I hope you will post lots of ocean days and nights photos.

As for Bush's visit, there were protests right across Canada. We have to keep our ditsy prime minister in check you know? Can you tell I didn't vote for him?? Don't want him saying yes, when he should be saying no. As it turns out he did quite well on that front.

Don't worry about me in the snow. Its actually my favorite time of year.

Maggie
Stu said…
Admit it. You're whipped! You even admitted you thought the movie was funny!

Hey, I'm whipped too. I just want to know that some other red-blooded he-man type of male is in my shoes too!
Anonymous said…
Hey, me nuh like dem feisty comment you a mek bout di white and blue at the Doc's blog, you know. Who had the Blue and white first? Me sure seh a ST.G.C!

Mad Bull