Santa Clause, Do You Ever Come to the Ghetto?

Howdy y'all. Remember the words to that song made popular by Carlene Davis in the 80s? For some reason, I woke up this morning thinking about the words to that song and it sort of put me into a little mood still--not a bad mood at all, just a pensive one. The question for this week is how can I help out people who are less fortunate than myself? Well, for starters, my school has a little program called Toys for Tots, where they collect toys for underpriviliged kids in the community, so I think I'm going to contribute something to that effort still. Probably be more liberal with the contributions to the Salvation Army representatives posting outside of the stores. Somehow that just doesn't seem to be enough! Somehow I think that I need to put myself out there a little bit more and becoming a more charitable Dog!

Anyhow, I'd like to take this opportunity to big up the newest blogger in our crew, a lady that goes by the name of Melody (a.k.a. Piggy), another transplanted Yardie. Now, most of unnu probably visit her site already still, but as is the tradition with the crew when a new blogger enters our world, another member generally give dem a shoutout! So, for those of unnu dat don't visit the Piggy's blog yet, be sure to check her out at http://kissdepig.blogspot.com, cause trust me, this girl no how fi mek people laugh still! Anyhow, mi nah kiss di pig still, cause bad dog nuh nyam pork!

Hey, Cooldestiny was talking about liking ads the other day and it just reminded me of two ads that I found earlier this year. I had some time this week, since JDid done gone mash up mi Stick Cricket game wid all di playing him mussi playing out di something, so I looked up the links to the ads and put them here for your viewing pleasure.

The first one is called Cog and it was done by Honda for the British market, you can check it out at http://www.ebaumsworld.com/honda-ad.html

The second one is called Del Pita Del and it comes all the way from Spain. Pebbles introduced me to it. Now, if you're familiar with the Indian Bollywood concept and you know how their movies tend to be overly dramatic with elaborate costumes and singing/dance routines, you'll understand the humor of this video (oh yeah, being able to speak a little spanish is also a pre-requisite :)).

You can download the video from http://www.cocacola.es/microsites/pita/pita.htm

Anyhow, y'all have fun and enjoy the rest of your Sunday, I know I will!

{arf,arf}

Comments

Melody said…
Hey, Angry Doggy, ah rememba that Carlene Davis tune. Ah felt that kinda way this mornin when ah was listenin to a sermon about "economic projections for the Christmas season." Yu mention how much ah joke in mi Blog, and it's weird because a serious day like today really made me fink about a lotta stuff (like all the people who live in bad neighborhoods--or nowhere--and depend on the church's charity). I felt sombre in general, but mi know de sermon soon wear off--by Tuesday mi inna de mall again. Fanks a lot for de shout-out, Doggy--oh, an' bad man haffe skill fe bite a pig, y'noh--especially a live pig! SCARY!!
Anonymous said…
Hey AD, I doh mean to show off but I do a fair amount of charitable work in my job on an almost daily basis...when one works in a far from perfect system with patients who are for the large part of low income, it is inevitable. Help out who you can within your capabilities rude yute, these are the little tings that take us thru life. Not that you are looking to get anything in return.

Have a good week....time fe you yard arrival starting to approach. Better mek sure me stock up on de corn meal, chicken back and bones for you! ;-) Dr. D.
Abeni said…
We got to help the less fortunate ones.It is a nice warm feeling you get when you help others.Just do whatever you can to make some body world a liltle bit brighter
Scratchie said…
Hey AD,
I hear yuh. We all seem to be in the same general frame of mind. Just last week the same discussion ensued between my wife and I.
I saw the video from Honda. Talk about precision.
Jdid said…
if de cricket game mash up it aint my fault. I aint had nuh chance ta reach it yet, lol

I hear what you saying Dog. Yep lots of unfortunate folks out there at this time of year. I was thinking of doing something spontaneous like if I see anyone that looks like they could use a little help just giving them a few dollars. course i dont ant nuhbody cuss me cause them pride doan allow dem ta tek wha i offer nor i aint wanta gi it ta nuh children next ting people mistake me fa r kelly an i get my tail cut so maybe yea maybe i'll juss go the safe route and give to the salvation army
Anonymous said…
I know what you mean Dog. I would love to be able to spend some time at a soup kitchen over the Christmas holidays, but out here in the Boonies there is no such thing and where as TO is only an hour's drive away, you dun know sey if it snowing pon Christmas day, me nah drive to TO....so I could not make a commitment ahead for something like that....I have to find something closer to home and I would love to do so this year.
check out my post to hear what I organized for Kidlets 2 & 3's school and the surrounding schools in our little bit of the woods.
Anonymous said…
Rude yute, I tried to read your adverts from work, but the network man dem nuh block them! Dem enthusiastic you see! Anyway, next time I pass thru the Internet Cafe, I will check it out. Peace out, bredda

Mad Bull