Today = Friday - 2

Is it Friday yet? According to my calendar it's Wednesday, November 10, 2004--but I've decided that, just for the sheer convenience of it all, I'll pretend that it's Friday...wouldn't that be great? a three-day work week! Monday, Tuesday, Friday! Skip Wednesday and Thursday altogether dammit! Alas, I'd probably bitch and complain about a three-day work week and wish that it could be reduced to two. Note the recursion in my complaint.

Anyhow, Arafat looks like he has taken a turn for the worst and, the last reports I heard this morning was that he was in a really bad state. Who knows what will happen to Palestine after his death, only time will tell. Speaking of which, I wonder how Castro is doing in these weeks since his accident. Speaking of which, judging from the comments received on my last post, my fellow bloggers seem to be only too happy to cast their lot in with me and start a political party. The truth be told, I think we can do a darn good job. Strainer, I apologize for not assigning you to a Ministry, but I decided that your skills would be best suited as the head of the Jamaica Constabulary Force. Now, to ensure that our political structure is solid and that we're on good terms with the rest of the world, I'll nominate, Maggie, Desiree, JDid, and Abeni as international observers. Their task will be to ensure that our local politics has a more global scope with respect to the issues that we must seek to address. Everyone in agreement?

Anyhow, enough of the polit(r)ic(k)s! It's beginning to look a lot like the season that I detest so much [don't get me wrong, I love Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years...any excuse to eat a lot in fact]. It's just that this damn winter thing has me all bummed out you see, and I really don't want to deal with the season changes. I hate having to wake up 10 minutes earlier to de-ice my car before I leave for work. I hate having to wear 3 different layers of clothing, especially when I'm already on the fat side and the additional layers make me feel even more bloated than I already am. I hate the fact that all the trees are dead and the roads are all yucky. My car told me this morning that I have to wash her every week now to protect her from the horrible salt that they use to neutralize the ice on the roads up in them here mountains! *sigh* no wonder they're always doing road work in this state.

Enough whining and complaining, time to give thanks for the blessings that have been bestowed upon me this year. I have my health, a job to go to every morning, a girlfriend that loves me, and a set of pretty decent students (give or take a few slackers here and there), so life is pretty good I have to say. Anyhow, I shan't take up any more of your time with my needless blogging, so I'll stop here and wish you all a good afternoon. Must run off and visit a few more blogs before I teach my final class for the evening. Catch you in the morning!

{arf,arf}

Comments

Abeni said…
A 3 day work week will do me just fine.Those students of mine will make a saint curse.Anyway you summed my feelings about winter.I positively hated it and that was the time I'd get even more homesick and miss my trees and the beach.

International observer sound good...any pay with it? By the way check this .http://prettikitti.blogspot.com and the post For the record.
Jdid said…
winter is almost upon us man. I hate the cold grey mornings too but what are you going to do.
Anonymous said…
3 day work week = KEWL!
If thats what the party will be for, I'm suer we'll win the next election! I'm in!

Thus spake Mad Bull.