Lazy Tuesday

It's Tuesday. So much to do and so little time. Write exams. Presentation for the college president. Figure out my syllabi for next semester. Plan trip for weekend. So much to do and so little time. Oh well, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't enjoying having all this work to do. After all, next week is Thanksgiving [10 days of not going to work!], so I can hold out until then.

Don't really have much to blog about this morning, though I want to say thanks to all of my readers for responding to my post about the seatbelt, I'll make sure to check and double check every time I get into my car--after all, I want to be around for a looong time to come. Ciya, thanks for the tip re Omega 3, I think I'm going to try it as well.

I was talking to my uncle in Jamaica last night, and we were sharing a few airplane jokes. I remember one Christmas I was on my way back to the US from Jamaica and I had to pass through Florida. Now all Jamaicans know that Christmas is the time for fruit cake and sorrel among other things. Well, there was this fellow on the flight who, being a little bit arrogant, decided that he was too good for the food being served on the American Airlines flight, so he cut himself a nice helping of the fruitcake he had in his hand luggage (using some sort of plastic card, mind you). Anyhow, he was forward enough to ask the flight attendant for a glass of ice in which to pour the sorrel (note for non-Jamaican readers: Sorrel is a type of flower blossom that we boil down into a drink that has a very unique taste, usually augmented by sugar, some form of alcohol, and ginger].

Anyhow, a little fellow was sitting across from this guy watching him eat his cake and drink his sorrel. From the look on the fellow's face, you could tell that he desparately wanted a piece of the cake. Now, the plane was delayed because of deviant passengers, so we were sitting there for hours. Trust me, you do not want to be stuck in a plane filled with hot, tired, hungry Jamaicans. The little fellow finally looked at the owner of the fruit cake and says: "You know, I think the customs officers going to take the cake away from you when you land you know." The other fellow was either stupid or had no experience taking baked goods overseas, so he says to the other guy "For real? My cake can't waste so!" So, fellow man proceeds to divvy up the cake between him and the other fellow, who ate more than his fair share to be sure.

Flash forward to Miami International Airport, the said cake bearer is overheard cussing and carrying on in a most unruly fashion. Apparently someone tipped him off that the other guy had conned him and customs really wouldn't have seized the cake, since it was a baked product! Oh well, that's what you get for being too greedy and show off!

Have a great day everyone!

{arf,arf}

Comments

Jdid said…
ha ha ha, dats a good one guy
Anonymous said…
As a lover of sorrel and Christmas cake myself, I might have done the same damn ting! The yute bandoloo him! Dr. D.
Scratchie said…
CHristnmas cake sorrel and ham are my type of thing. If I was on that flight it would have to share three ways.
Anonymous said…
I wanted to be the first to mention the christmas hype but you beat me to it :(