Is It Monday?

It’s difficult to imagine that just ten short days ago I was running vicariously through the savage savannahs of Africa, braving the wild and untamable Australian deserts, and navigation the sometimes perilous Amazon rainforest, while taking the time to quietly reflect upon God’s intricate designs. It seems like only yesterday I was having lunch in Mongolia and dinner in Istanbul.

OK, at the risk of sounding overly poetic, I just felt like taking a moment to reflect upon the Thanksgiving break. I must say that Pebbles and I had much fun doing things like taking the road trip to Ohio to cooking and baking up an extraordinarily delightful meal highlighted by the most succulent turkey ever (Gracias Sunshine!) to spending time together watch a variety of movies—everything from Bridget Jones 2 to The Day After Tomorrow.

I walked into class today after barely being able to sleep last night, since my entire sleep routine has been destroyed by a few late nights watching Adult Swim on the Cartoon Network. It turns out that half of my first class didn’t show up and the other half were still drunk on turkey, stuffing, and too much Black Friday shopping. Anyhow, it’s two weeks out from finals and I’m pretty much running out of stuff to teach, much to the delight of my students. Ten more days of class and I’ll be off like a bullet, for 3+ weeks of sand and sun in beautiful Jamaica. It’ll be good to catch up with the family and see how much the little sister has grown, plus it’ll be sort of interesting to see how well my dad takes it when I tell him that I’m planning to pursue a PhD. In truth, I sort of broached the subject with him this morning, and he seems to be quite enthusiastic about my aspirations of being a lifelong academic, so we will see what we will see. Among other things, my dad told me that my younger brother has gotten his drivers license, so the road will once again be unsafe for Jamaicans (as if it were ever a safe place to drive)!

Anyhow, as you can tell I have nothing much to say today, but I just wanted to drop a quick hail up to all my readers and please don’t be shy to drop a comment or two in the little comment box you hear!

{arf,arf}

Comments

Anonymous said…
Well, when I read the first part of the post I started to wonder if the Dog is well....or maybe he dreaming!

Anyhow, good that you enjoyed your holiday.

Looking forward to linking you when you reach yard. Mek sure tek you Frontline before still.... ;-) Dr. D.
Anonymous said…
You're off to Jamaica?? Can you throw me in your trunk somewhere?? I've always wanted to visit. Maggie
Anonymous said…
Sounds like you had a fun week off AD. And imagine, just a few short days and you will be in the sunshine of Ja. What a lucky Dawg fi true!!! especially as it is snowing here.

Have a great time!
Ciya
Stu said…
You watched Bridget Jones Diary 2. Just say your girlfriend made you watch it and I won't lose any respect for you as a man!! The title alone screams "Chick Flick!"