Election 04

Well, election day has descended upon the USA. Just a few more hours to go before the new president is determined. I strongly favor Kerry and I have read several articles between yesterday afternoon and this morning that claim that most of the undecided states seem to be leaning more towards Kerry. Oh well, time will tell, and I'm definately interested in seeing the outcome of this political battle. Though I hate to say it, it sucks when you realize that the future of the world hinges so precariously on the outcome of this election. Whenever people in Jamaica vote, our decisions only affect those of us that live in the country, whereas when a larger nation votes, particularly the US, entire countries are affected by the decisions of a single group of people...such is the curse of being a superpower.

Anyhow, I'll be keeping my eyes and ears carefully peeled for the results of this election. Speaking of which, did you know that they actually have international observers monitoring the elections here? now, that's a first! I will personally be happy when elections are done. No more seeing those annoying little signs about voting for Bush or Kerry or listening to these pre-recorded messages telling you why you should or shouldn't vote for either party. But I will definately not miss the surveyors coming around to the apartment on Saturday mornings trying to determine wheter or not I plan to vote in the election (very annoying when you getting a dose of the Vitamin S). I'll certainly not miss the Bush supporters flipping me the bird when I honk for the Kerry supporters. But, above all else, I will be glad when all the political mudslinginng that manifests itself in those God-awful TV ads paid for by one campaign or the other or some unknown PAC. *sigh* The beautiful insanity that is American polit(r)ic(k)s. Long live democracy!

{arf,arf}

Comments

Jdid said…
looks like its going to be a close one
Anonymous said…
As long as Bush goes I will definitely be happy.

You actually went to answer the door when you were getting dosed up on Vit S??!! Hmmm. Dr. D.
Abeni said…
I soooo want Bush to lose.All day am keyed up for the results.This from a girl who never cast a ballot in her life
Anonymous said…
The results are not looking favourable at all! Dr. D.
Anonymous said…
I am beyond amazed this morning!! Just imagine what that man can do with four more years!! What is wrong with the majority of Americans anyway?? Maggie
Angry Dog said…
Oh sigh, 4 more years of the Bush...what were the voters thinking (or not thinking). Hope they feel good when the draft comes. Yes Dr. D. and Sunshine, I did answer the door--I don't know why, but I did. *sigh*

{arf,arf}
Anonymous said…
Angry Dog-I posted the Sweet Potato Puddin recipie under my Happy Friday post. Enjoy.
Anonymous said…
I would feel absolutely honored if you added me to your blogroll!! I am off to add you to mine after sending you this comment. Thank you so much for your advice on cats btw. So I'm taking it you have one then? What do you do about them clawing all your furniture?? Maggie
Stu said…
Maggie,
I heard on the news yesterday that Canada has said they will be enforcing their immigration laws for any Americans who decided they could not stand Bush and wanted to move to Canada. They didn't say who, but some Canadian Government official was quoted as saying "you (Americans) just can move here and live...."

I thought that was classic!
Anonymous said…
So, I assume AD, that when you went to the door, you at least (pretending to be 'decent';-))) wrapped yourself in a towel or put on a pair of boxers, or did you want them to realize that you were being disturbed at a bad time and went to the door....'standing' for want of a better word?? Heh heh!! Dr. D.