Back from Columbus!

Greetings one and all! Pebbles and I got back from Columbus a few hours ago, so we've been hanging out around the house all day watching TV and looking at the trip photos. Our friend Mikey was in great spirits and we had much fun with him and his finacee, Irene. Got into Columbus around 9:30pm on Friday night, a dead easy 3.5 hour drive. Got to Mikey's apartment complex and got lost for about five minutes, but a short cellphone call and a few hastily conceived directions soon set us right once again. Our trip did entail quite a bit of activity, including a trip to the zoo, dinner at several exotic places, and a movie. I'll post picture and give you all a nice, long description of the weekend tomorrow, but right now I have a major migraine headache, so I don't want to sit in front of the PC for too long. As a teaser, here's a picture of a White Tiger that I got at the zoo...notice how dedicated of a blogger I am, staring right into the face of the beast, just to bring you, my audience, a view of this noble creature as seen from my own eyes! Click on the image to get the full-sized one in a new browser window.



Speaking of which, I was watching the Today show on ABC this morning. Matt Laurer did an interview with a blogger named Queen of Sky who happened to work for a large airline and who was complaining about being fired from the company because of certain suggestive pictures that she had taken in her uniform. She claims that the airline was discriminating and she was unjustly fired. I say bullcrap, I read her blog and it wasn't really anything spectacular. In fact, she claims that her blog had been getting 100s of readers since she started it in January (as a form of therapy for coping with the death of her mother). Well, the blog has only gotten many (i.e. > 10) comments since the legal action came into the light and she spends much time talking about her *somewhat raunchy and marginally interesting* adventures in and out of the sky. Speaking of which, she actually told Matt Laurer that the images had been removed from her site, yet I still found the link to them just now. Go give her a look at:
http://queenofsky.journalspace.com/?cmd=displaycomments&dcid=393&entryid=393

and tell me if you think they were justified in firing her. Frankly, I think they were and I totally abhor people that utilize their blogs for the purpose of celebrity and/or financial gains, especially when they really have nothing of interest to say!

{arf,arf}

Comments

Anonymous said…
Wait, you reach back? Good to hear you had a good time.

The tiger pretty.

Caan bodda check the link to the blog you mentioned, but I agree with your sentiment.

Link up soon rude yute. Dr. D.
Stu said…
Dog, I'm trying like hell to make money from my blog, and everyone knows I have nothing intereting to say. maybe I can post some pictures of myself in my underwear and I can get Katir Curic to interview me. Hey, send me $1. :)
Abeni said…
Sounds like you had a ball.Welcome back
Scratchie said…
Dawg deh bout. Thought they had gotten you transferred to the pound. Good to hear that the time off was good.
Jdid said…
man i thought you did gone fa longer, wha happen dat ya come back suh soon
Anonymous said…
Respec' my yute! Why you neva show us the whole a di tiger head? Is frighten you did frighten when you tek di picha, nuh true? Hey, di tiger teet' yellow eeh man? They should use them inn one toot' paste ad, you know, have a before toot'paste and an after toot'paste shot... It would be interesting to have a few people who tried to brush the tiger's teet' too, with dem arms chewed off or sup'm like dat... What you think?

Thus spake the Mad Bull.
Anonymous said…
Went to take a peek at that url, but the page wouldn't load. Geocities is kind of like that though.

Wow...you have a migraine as well? Do you take anything for them?

Can't wait to see the photos from your little trip.

Maggie
Anonymous said…
I must admit, I was especially impressed by your photographic interpretation of the
Anonymous said…
I must admit, I was especially impressed by your photographic interpretation of the "EYE OF THE TIGER" :-)!!!

No wonder MadBull and I are related....I too noticed the yellow teeth, but I was thinking that AD must have almost keeled over from the bad breath as he got in for that "close range" photo shoot!
Anonymous said…
PS

Is fi mi comment dat above!
Ciya
Anonymous said…
Bwoy, tings well quiet inna de kennel....I wonder if dog vex cause dem nuh give him no bone from the Thanksgiving turkey!? ;-) Dr. D.
Anonymous said…
Kiss teet! Mind you mek man haffi leggo some claat unda you skin....holiday done! Post suppem nuh. Cho! Dr. D.