A Little Sunday Laughter

Howdy folks! Sunday evening is here again, bringing with it the promise of Monday morning :(. Oh well, I'll try to keep smiling this week--after all, Thanksgiving is just around the bend, followed by a quick 2 weeks of school, then it's off to Jamaica for Christmas holidays baby! I know that I say this way too much, but I'm going to say it again anyway: Being a college professor rocks! Never mind not getting paid as much as I would had I moved into industry, but the fact that I only have to work 8 months out of the entire year far outweighs the monetary benefits of an industry job--besides, with 4 months of vacation per year, I actually have time to enjoy the fruits of my labors!

Anyhow, I won't bore you with the perks of my career. I just felt like dropping in and doing a quick Sunday update, though I really have nothing to post about. Anyhow, the weekend went by quietly. Spent yesterday at our friends Hard Nonsence and Jalee's place playing board games while eating chicken soup and "dulce de leche" cheesecake. Much fun!! Today was spent doing laundry, cleaning my bedroom, and throwing a ball outside with Pebbles. So, as you can see, nothing really extraordinary--but we had lots of fun, and that's what counts!

Anyhow, my Dad let off this joke pon me, and I found it quite funny so I felt that it was my duty as a citizen of the Internet in general and the Caribbean/Canadian blog community specifically to share it with you all, so here goes:

Hi Tech

Three men, one American, one Japanese and a Jamaican were sitting naked in a sauna.
Suddenly there was a beeping sound. The American pressed his forearm and the beep stopped. The others looked at him questioningly. "That was my pager, " he said. "I have a microchip under the skin of my arm."

A few minutes later a phone rang. The Japanese fellow lifted his palm to his ear. When he finished, he explained, "That was my mobile phone. I have a microchip in my hand."

The Jamaican felt decidedly low- tech, but not to be outdone, he decided he had to do something just as impressive. He returned with a piece of toilet paper hanging from his butt. The others raised their eyebrows and stared at him.

The Jamaican finally said "Well,will you look at that. I'm getting a fax."


Hope this joke made you laugh, or at least smile! Have a great week everyone!

{arf,arf}

Comments

Anonymous said…
I've heard that one before but it gets funny every times.
Anonymous said…
Talk 'bout a shitty fax! Dr. D.
Jdid said…
ha ha, good one man
Stu said…
Dog,
I have never heard that before. It was very funny!
Anonymous said…
that was pretty funny!!!! That's us Jamaicans - forging ahead despite the rest of the world!!! :D

Seven
Anonymous said…
LOL!! That is a good one!!

As far as the train bombings in Madrid last March, they actually occurred before the new President was elected. Hence, the reason the old President was voted out. Here is one report I found for you, but I'm sure you could verify this on your own.

So can I count on your vote for Kerry today then? Maggie
Anonymous said…
Hi,

ok, let me set the record straight. As a Spaniard, I think I must say something regarding Maggie's comment on my country's election being influenced by the Madrid train bombings. Yes, Maggie, it did in fact affect the election, just like September 11 and the war in Iraq are affecting the elections in the U.S. Contemporary events, specially of that nature, have an effect on elections, and that is a fact everywhere.

However, to say that the bombings voted president Aznar out was a huge overstatement. I'll tell you why: President Aznar sent Spain to a war that was not ours and didn't make any sense to us or anybody else in the international community, and that over 90% of the population didn't want. Is that a president or a dictator? In addition, the president rushed into conclusions and pinned the bombings on the wrong terrorist group, because it was convenient to him. And there is more, when the ship Prestige had an accident in the north coast of Spain, causing one of the biggest ecological catastrophes of the world's history, he not only made the situation worse, but he didn't even go to the area once. These are just some examples of his awful administration.

Now, do you think that a person like that should be in power? I don't.

Spain has suffered from terrorism and bombings for over 50 years, we know what that is, and we are not a people that backs off because of bombs and threats. ETA has tried to manipulate our government for years, people have died because of that, but we have never given up.

Those who say that the Terrorists controlled our democracy should do a little more research than the introduction of the article that you link here, Maggie. That is an article about the U.S., not Spain.

Please, Maggie, be critical, question things and go deep into the issues before making statements that, because they are conceived in a rush, are totally inacurate. Respect the Spanish terrorist victims and the fight of our government, please.

By the way, Spain is still a target for islamic terrorism. We are not surprised, because we didn't vote to please terrorists, we know better than that.

Offended Pebbles