!!!REALLY Angry Dog!!!

Now, I'm a very patient individual...ask Pebbles or anyone else who knows me how many times I've ever lost my temper. Well, today is one of those days when you just have to sit down, rip your hair out and scream at the world! Imagine, it's the 5th week of the semester and 3/4 of my programming class still has no clue about writing EVEN THE SIMPLEST of programs! Have I been teaching rocks all semester long? Do they just not get it? Am I overwhelming them? Do I blame the person that taught them the introductory class? What the hell!!!!

Tomorrow, they have an exam coming up, and if they couldn't write a simple program AFTER TWO WEEKS, how the hell are they going to be able to do the programming questions, let alone some of the more advanced things that I need to teach them? I've long since passed outside of the realm of blaming myself for my student's failures...I give them source code, I give them all the help they need, I spend painful class sessions going over the simplest of things, I show them how to think about programming and break things into simpler, more manageable steps. What the hell am I missing???? Shit, Fuck, Damn, AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHH!

Obviously, this is the first time they're actually having to write code on their own--apparently the person that taught them the first course believed in giving them working code and have them modify it slightly in order to make it do something else...who the fuck teaches and intro to computer science class by teaching them how to fucking reuse code!!! I'm at a complete loss, I have no idea what to do right now. I'm tired, pissed off, and completely and utterly frustrated. I have no idea how to reach these kids and get them to actually do STUFF. Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck!!!!!!! AAAARRRRGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

OK, I'm calmer now, I need to go back to my office, sit down, close my eyes for a few minutes and then come up with a better strategy. There has to be something I'm missing...though I guess I'll tell how much they're missing after their first exam tomorrow. Wait a minute, I'm a software engineer/wanna be data miner...why not look at their code and try to figure out some of their major weaknesses. Yeah, that's it...evaluate, analyze, and come up with a better strategy...yeah, I think that might work. I just don't know what more I can do...

{arf,arf}

Comments