Monday Morning Blues

Is it Monday already? Darn, it seems like just yesterday it was Sunday (oh yeah, yesterday WAS Sunday!) and now I have to be back at work again. Talk about a wild start to my morning! I wake up at 6:00am and decide that I deserved to sleep until 6:30am, since I was up all night putting much needed work into my horribly organized room! Anyhow, 6:30am rolls around and I'm thinking, "I really should wake up, but I can sleep until 6:40". 6:40 rolls by and I make to get out of bed, but somehow it took me 15 minutes to raise my torso and put my feet on the ground. Do the regular bathroom thing, i.e. the Three S's, skipped breakfast and was out the door at 7:08am. Now, wouldn't you know, I'm almost on the Interstate when it hits me that my car needs gas, oil and air. I totally forgot to fill up, add some oil to the engine, and adjust my tire pressure--dumbass! So, of course, I have to pull off at Sheetz and do all of the above, which took me all of 15 minutes.

Now, when it's 8:30am, work starts at 9am and you're still 45 minutes away from your job site, things seem a lot different and the foot tends to get a little heavy. Well, fortunately, I can't COMFORTABLY go over the speed limit of 70mph, since my car needs balancing and the steering vibrates almost as rapidly as a O.Ding crackhead, must get that fixed when next paycheck comes. Anyhow, I call my office and tell my secretary (OK, she's not exactly MY secretary per se, we all share her) that I'll be about 20-25 minutes late. Not a problem, life is good, and I'm happy--especially since I was only 15 minutes late, but managed to teach all I needed to teach within the alloted time. Even managed to bang out a project for my intro to computers class and chat with the other CS professor about the future of CS and MIS, isn't life grand? Would have had beaucoup time to eat, but a student of mine that needed help with functions came by to see me and we spent an hour talking code, which was beaucoup more fun than eating lunch (at least it was at the time, but now I'm hungry). No time to stop and eat, gotta dash off to the next class and the cycle goes on and on. How I love being in academia!

Anyhow, I have nothing really blogworthy this afternoon, since I haven't had time to read the newspaper and bitch and complain about all things political. So, I think that before I put my foot any further in my mouth, I'll cut this post here! Oh, before I forget, Pebbles is defending her research prospectus today...which means that by this evening she'll be a 3/4 Professor!!! Next add the research and the final dissertation defense some time in May, add water, and voila! you have a new college professor!

Me gone now!

{arf,arf}

Comments