Is It Friday Yet?

Big up and nuff respec' to all massive and crew inna yard and fareen!
/* Tr: Greetings and salutations to all my friends from home and abroad! */

Now, some of you might have guessed from the title of this post that I am dog tired (no pun intended). The second week of school rolls rapidly by and I must say that it's a little bit overwhelming to be on the other side of the fence as a teacher as opposed to being a student. My programming class is going well, the students are now beginning to understand much of the fundamental concepts behind programming (i.e. how logic relates to control structures, etc). My other class (Microsoft Office 101) is going, slowly but painfully. I suppose it's really difficult to take a hardcore programmer like myself and stick him in a class where you're teaching rudimentary concepts like "this is how you format a disk" or "Microsoft Word is used for creating very professional grade documents". Oh well, my students are really cool *for the most part* so I have no problems there per se.

Now, most of you have been following the recent elections and much talk has been in the air as to the sanity/mental stability of the current president of the US, one Mr. GWB. I was reading an article on MSN yesterday where they were talking about the fact that Bush had risen above alcoholism at the age of 40 and managed to pull himself together and become president in 12 years. The article claimed that Bush had woken up one morning with a really bad hangover and just decided to quit drinking and went on to join a bible studies group!

Well, I commend the man for controlling his "inner fat boy" as he calls it, but I still have to question whether or not he is mentally capable of governing a country. This other article pretty much talks about many of the psychological problems that the president *potentially* has. The article describes him as a "paranoid meglomaniac" as well as a sadist and "untreated alcoholic." Now, the thing is that I am more convinced about these allegations because the article I linked does give reference to some of the stuff the other, completely unrelated, MSN article that supported Bush and painted him as a man that rose from the "gutters" to the White House...in fact, the MSN article pretty much said the same thing that the second article I linked did, but just not using medical terminology. Things that make you go "hmmm"!

Anyhow, enough about the polit(r)ic(k)s that run our lives, let's talk about something more fun! I found an article on FOXSports today that made me laugh like a madman in my office. The article talked about the Top 10 most idiotic fans in sport history. Apparently, there's this Irish guy who calls himself the Defrocked Priest (who actually is a defrocked priest) and he makes it a point to do crazy things, like running out and attacking the leader of the men's Olympic marathon and caused him to lose the gold medal. Apparently a year ago he even put himself in the middle of a 200+mph Grand Prix race!



Now, looking down the list, I see the guy that stabbed Monica Seles in Germany a couple years back, Morgana the Kissing Bandit is there, but one name that stood out was Spike Lee! Remember him and Reggie Miller? The whole heckling thing was definately good hype, but I had no clue that it would've been enough to put Spike in that rogue's gallery!

Anyhow, I've written enough about nothing, drop me a comment and show me some love. Until next time!

{arf,arf}

Comments