F to the R to the I to the D to the A to the Y

Yep, it's Friday y'all and I am happy as a lark! No school for two whole days. Now, I'd like to say that I got paid and things were just peachy--but the sad truth is that I won't be able to enjoy my paycheck until next month :'(. See, I have a short term loan that sorta comes due at the start of next month, so it must be paid--oh well, life isn't that bad, so give God thanks for the blessings that He's bestowed upon me and those closest to me, so I not going to even complain.

Anyhow, I feel a lot better now that I've graded my students' exams [you remember the students I was crying about yesterday].Well, they're not A students just yet...but there is a glimmer of hope since all of them got B's and I only have 1 D, not bad, considering that it's a class of 4 people. Well, the two students that were really close to A's are on the right track, so I just have to keep pushing them to write code and things will get better I think/hope/pray. The other two aren't terrible bad, but they have a few holes that need to be filled in order to get to the "a ha!" moment, but I can feel that they're right on the edge and I just need to be the facilitator that pushes them over.

Anyhow, enough of this boring rass teacher's lament blog, I am going to go to mi yard (my house) and find my spoogy (girlfriend) and nyam some bicckle (eat some food) and watch two flim (movies). So, I bid thee alls a good, happy and safe weekend. To my friends, family and companions in Florida, stay safe, dry, and remember: 4 hurricanes in 6 weeks is definately a sign that you might want to consider switching residence!

{arf,arf}

Comments